need a good kick up the bottom

japersmummy

Visit site
Ok gonna say it but even as in writing it I feel so silly. Basically got new pony at weekend he's a 4year old new forest gelding has been lightly backed and has has been good as gold leading grooming lifting feet ect BUT I'm being a compete wimp and for some reason don't want to ride him.Its stupid cos I've been riding for years and have ridden green horses before so I don't even have excuse of inexperience

Need a virtual kick up bum!

WindyStacks

Visit site
I rode my new horse for the first time since I bought him on sat (obv had ridden him before). I just spent about an hour grooming and tacking up, then walked him around the arena a few times before doing a bit of groundwork. Then out on my big girl pants and hopped on. Just walked and trotted with tons of transitions jabbering away to him the whole time.

After 20 mins I hopped off, did a touch more groundwork and called it a successful day.

You don't need to ride badminton on day 1!

Peregrine Falcon

Looking forward to cooler days
Visit site
Welcome to new forest pony ownership! You'll be fine. Just make sure you are confident as a youngster will need to take his confidence from you particularly as in new environment. What's his breeding? Does he have a green passport?

PorkChop

Visit site
Have a virtual but gentle kick up the bum!

Find someone you trust to go out with you, you'll be fine, make sure you give us an update.

japersmummy

Visit site
Yeah he's got a green passport was gonna have a look through his genes this evening and see if I can find out a bit more about him. He's so calm in himself nothing seems to faze him so know I'm being daft

japersmummy

Visit site
Brought him (or more acquired him) from elsewhere. Will take some of him tommorow he's a little out of shape at no as previous owner seemed to just do as she pleased with him but

japersmummy

Visit site
Well finally braved it and got on this morning. Realised how little he has done so can see we will be going back to basics but overall he did ok