Need a good vet - Birmingham/Staffs

Brummyrat

Visit site
As title really, I have tried my local one but wasn't impressed at all with what he suggested, I think my horse has something potentially serious and need a vet to give him the full works, scans/scope whatever it takes. I know there are a couple around the Solihull area but dont know their names or what practice they came from and Im at work so can't really surf the net.

If anyone can suggest someone I'd be really grateful.

Thank you.

Escada2004

Visit site
Try my vet James @ Stretton Hills Vets they may come your way as he does travel quite far - very very good sports horse vet does full work up etc and has all the mobile equipment plus a good base for ops etc. Number is 01694 751748 :)

Brummyrat

Visit site
In fact I'll try James first, if he's got all the mobile stuff because my horse can't travel with the way he is at the moment :(

MissChaos

Visit site
We've used 608 for about 20 years and never been less than happy with the care. Mat is fab; know people who use Jane, Bradley and Anna and all feel likewise AFAIK.

Did use Gil Riley from Pool House to vet current boy and also very happy there, though obvs it was a one-off.

Escada2004

Visit site
In fact I'll try James first, if he's got all the mobile stuff because my horse can't travel with the way he is at the moment :(

James really is fab, ive very very picky about who i have treat my horses and he has been a godsend especially with my mare with bone spavin. Ive referred him to quite a few people and all been over the moon with him - he doesnt do all that faffing about, just gets on with it. I think it also helps that he breeds his own sports horses and competes to so he understands the 'horse' more. Some vets arnt actually horsey themselves and personally i think this makes a difference - let me know how you get on :) x

Brummyrat

Visit site
Ive emailed Stretton and will try and call them later, fingers crossed they can come out as far as me! If not then I'll be back on here! Thanks for the replies xx

Escada2004

Visit site
They went and vetted a horse for me in Droitwich and also my friend that way uses them. They travel a good hour to me so hopefully shouldnt be a problem :) x

Brummyrat

Visit site
Racebuddy, Im in contact with Stretton Hill Vets, they're waiting for info regarding my boy to be sent to them and then will arrange to come out. He's had some strange episodes, thought it may be kissing spines, then ulcers, now I think he may have a blockage in his windpipe...I really dont know but something is making him panic to the point of collapse, not just when he's tacked up, or even massaged in the stable but he even did it the other night when he was having his eyes wiped with cotton wool. His breathing is very noisy but no mucus or coughing and his voice has gone a deep bass. Worried as hell as he's my baby, had him 19 years and Im fearing the worst, as you do. I need a vet to actually look at everything rather than just guess x