Need a new saddle .........

Jamie-lee

Visit site
Hi, I need a saddle for my new Fell pony. Not easy....... Everyone has different ideas on what I should/ shouldn't buy. Not sure which company/saddler to use. Off the shelf/ made to measure..... Sorry a bit ramble. How can this be so hard. Any ideas, suggestions?

Darkwater

Visit site
I've really struggled with getting saddles for my natives, but as they seem to change shape so often i've found the ones with interchangeable gullets to be best - either the leather or synthetic ones. I personally really rate either the Thorowgood or Wintec 'Wide' models.

serenityjane

Visit site
The Native pony saddle company at Saddle exchange- brilliant saddles for natives and wide, flat backed horses and ponies. They are sort of 'off the shelf' but designed in a range of sizes specific to the type of horse, they are also adjustable and seem to have a really good follow-up service- ie free adjustment/revisit at three months and visits at call-out costs thereafter. I just bought one for my Morgan (wide, flat, no withers,short back) and it is brilliant, and so comfortable for the rider too. More cost than the Wintec/Thorowgood, but a much better saddle that actually fits!

sbloom

www.stephaniebloomsaddlefitter.co.uk
Please be aware there are two makers of Native Pony saddles (I am a fitter for the other one), a long and sorry tale, check out the reputation of both companies on the forums, the Fell Group on Facebpook has lots of info as well.

serenityjane

Visit site
sbloom- are you able to elaborate on the history of the native pony saddles and their fitting? I have read your posts on here with interest and when I was researching saddles even looked you up- but thought distance would be a problem- saddle exchange were doing fittings nearby at the 'right' time for me.
Yes faracat- I love my Morgan. She is super, we got her last year, backed her and she has the nicest nature ever-
943708_10153448889110331_1035211321_n.jpg

Hope that worked for photo!

sbloom

www.stephaniebloomsaddlefitter.co.uk
sbloom- are you able to elaborate on the history of the native pony saddles and their fitting? I have read your posts on here with interest and when I was researching saddles even looked you up- but thought distance would be a problem- saddle exchange were doing fittings nearby at the 'right' time for me.
Yes faracat- I love my Morgan. She is super, we got her last year, backed her and she has the nicest nature ever-
943708_10153448889110331_1035211321_n.jpg

What would you like to know? There is quite a lot of info on another forum called Horse Gossip where I have been asked to tell the story, I'd rather not get into the ins and outs too much but am happy to answer specific questions :). I had a choice as to who I wanted to work with and I was VERY clear I was going to stay with Andrea. It's not been fun for anyone, customers included, and is still not resolved. We can only apologise yet again to our customers for any confusion and have now given up trying to fight for what we believe should be ours - to try to end the confusion we have called ourselves AH Saddles Ltd (Andrea Hicks) and all new saddles will be coming out branded AH.

I do cover Wales and in fact was in Welshpool about 3 weeks ago :)