Need Help Exercising Horses, In Northants. Chance To Hunt

ISHmad

Visit site
Do you think people would be interested? We are struggling to keep the horses fit due to an accident. As they are suitable for hunting wondered if people thought someone might be interested to help with the fittening work and then be able to take them hunting. (At their cost).

Wouldn't expect any financial contribution, just help with mucking out occasionally.

Or am I living in cloud cuckoo land? Thanks.

birdof1977

Visit site
Wish I lived nearer, would love to have helped.
Bit too far from essex for me though.
I am sure that someone will take you up on your offer though, sounds great, just be careful, don't take on the first person that offers. It might turn out that they think there riding skills are top draw, when really not much better than a donkey jockey.
Good luck.

ISHmad

Visit site
Thanks very much both of you. NikiCaw trust me I am VERY choosy about who I have around my horses on the ground, let alone riding them. But that is a very valid warning, and I really appreciate it.

NewHeights_SJ

www.newheights-showjumping.co.uk
I am sure there will be someone out there interested. However, i dont know how easy it will be to find someone that is a capable enough rider that would be willing to pay to hunt the horses. I know alot of good riders in the Northants area - but most of them would want you to pay them!!

Good luck.

N xx

ISHmad

Visit site
Thanks very much Saskia, I'll do that later on.

Fee_fee thanks for your feedback. I'm not bothered about the horses hunting, we would never take them as it's not for us. Just thought it would be an opportunity for someone to hunt if they wanted to. Hence why they would have to pay for their own ticket if they chose to do that.

(Should add that the main two we need help with have both hunted in Ireland, one much more than the other).

PaddyMonty

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I think TimeFaulter is looking for something to ride in Northants.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont hunt. I do play Dr, Sj and Xc (preferably all in one day).
wink.gif
However, I dont charge so I guess I'm not one of the better riders in Npton
frown.gif
:p

ISHmad

Visit site
Happy hacking mainly. UK Chasers. TREC. That sort of thing. Oh the shame of admitting that on H & H!!!

One horse dreadfully unfit but would make a SUPERB horse to SJ and XC on, adores jumping and is very very capable. Gets quite strong over jumps but would be fine with a confident, experienced and calm rider on board. If I can jump him then anyone can! The other one has hunted a lot and is much better XC than over coloured jumps. Would do a mean dressage test with some schooling, but probably about 6 months to a year off of really good work.

ISHmad

Visit site
Great news! Someone who lurks on H & H but doesn't really post much PM'd me, came to see the horses at the weekend and is going to be helping us out. She is a lovely rider, great fun and it's going to be good having some extra help.

Thanks for everyone's suggestions and PM's, am so pleased to have found someone so suitable and nice. :)