Need help unscrambling the maze of Haras Nationaux (France)

Casey76

Visit site
I've finally got round to having my ponies markings confirmed by the vet, so I need to send their passports off to the HN. However I don't know which list they should be inscribed under :/

My mare is a Poney D (just - 142cm), though officially she is a horse breed.

The baby is 2 and a half, but already 157cm so no problems with height confusions there!

If I want to compete, so I get them inscribed under "sport" or "club/SIF"

If it helps, I'm not part of a riding club. My license is with ACF, and I have a private coach.

confused.com!

Hemirjtm

Visit site
If you are importing them and you want to compete I believe you have to register them on the "Sport" list, otherwise you will not be able to compete them. I could be wrong but for imported horses it is either "loisirs" (no competing) or "sport/reproduction" (ables you to compete).

What are you planning on doing with your 2 1/2yr old ?

JCWHITE

Visit site
Right now my new horses SHBGB papers are with SIRE.
I have been commumication with a lovely lady who understands English, if you pm me,I will send you her name and contact e mail.
I explained in my letter that I would be competing, so we will see what comes back.
Good luck with you application.

Casey76

Visit site
It's not for importing, we are already in France, and my horses are French bred.

I didn't have this problem with my first horse as he was ONC, so I could only register him under the Club banner.

Eventually I want to go out and do a bit of everything, and help promote the Mérens as a versatile horse. If I ever find the nerve, I'd like to event - but that is a long way off!

Hemirjtm

Visit site
If the horses were born in France they should allready be french registered...do they have full french passports ? If they don't then you won't be able to compete above club level.

I dont understand why you are needing to register your horses ?

Sorry ! I deal alot with the haras nationaux, so can help but i don't really understand your situation. Can you please give us more details ? If your 2 1/2yr old was born in France he really should be registered allready by French law !

Casey76

Visit site
Yes, they are both registered, and have full papers; however - as I'm sure you're aware - after the first registration when the papers are issued, the markings/microchip need to be confirmed by vet, for the Haras to stamp the cover page, and for the inscription into the sport/club/loisir list.

This is the youngster: http://harasire.haras-nationaux.fr/...erales.jsp?SrcPage=liste&CheNucheval=shrxklmz

It's the last part which I'm unsure about now: "Niveau d'identification choisi"

I might just have to bite the bullet and phone them... gah!

Hemirjtm

Visit site
Yes, they are both registered, and have full papers; however - as I'm sure you're aware - after the first registration when the papers are issued, the markings/microchip need to be confirmed by vet, for the Haras to stamp the cover page, and for the inscription into the sport/club/loisir list.

This is the youngster: http://harasire.haras-nationaux.fr/...erales.jsp?SrcPage=liste&CheNucheval=shrxklmz

It's the last part which I'm unsure about now: "Niveau d'identification choisi"

I might just have to bite the bullet and phone them... gah!

Right ok, yes I understand now, sorry ! As far as I know you have to register them on the "liste de chevaux de sport" to be able to compete them. If they are on this list they can compete at any level I believe.

Sorry, I am used to dealing with them, but our foals are registered with their breed then over stamped by the HN ! So slightly different I think. I would try and phone them to get confirmation of which one you need to choose....not much help :p