Need Lots of Vibes for Tomorrow

criso

Coming over here & taking your jobs since 1900
Visit site
Frankie is being operated on. He has a bone cyst in his shoulder and is very lame with it. Not even comfortable enough to turn away so this was the only option.

So can everyone keep fingers and toes and hooves crossed that he makes it through the anaesthetic and that they can make him comfortable.

YorksG

Over the hill and far awa
Visit site
Hope all goes well, we will keep as many appendages as possible crossed for you both. Do let us know how he goes on. Best of luck for you.

criso

Visit site
What are bone cysts if you dont mind me asking?

Very rare in the shoulder is what they are, RVC only every seen 3 or 4 so no prognosis at all but I just want him comfortable and have no expectations beyond that.

They are an area that looks like a hole on an x ray where the cartilage and bone is not correctly formed or the same density of the surrounding bone.

Pixxie

Visit site
A very good friend of mine had her horse operated on for exactly the same thing at rossdales, first time they'd done this surgery, he's about 6/7 months on now doing canter and hill work now and while his progress has been in peaks and troughs and he still has a long way to go he seems to be doing brilliantly, very early on in his rehab he went swimming weekly too which I think really helped and he is a big moving Hanoverian sooo there is hope :) fingers crossed for you

nic83

Visit site
Sorry to hear this, only just noticed your update on RR and here

Massive vibes for Frankie and will be thinking of you both tomorrow x

acw295

Visit site
Fingers crossed, I know how nerve wracking it is- mine had surgery 3 weeks ago (diff thing). I've only just got over the trauma of waiting for "that call" to say they are up x

cptrayes

Visit site
Oh for goodness sake how unfair is that! You have both already been through a life-and-death rehab from navicular (?) at Rockley and now you have to face this.

Got it all crossed for you both.

criso

Visit site
Oh for goodness sake how unfair is that! You have both already been through a life-and-death rehab from navicular (?) at Rockley and now you have to face this.

Got it all crossed for you both.

Yep we moved from damaging virtually every soft tissue in the foot to shoulder bones.

I'm not under any illusion that he will come back to compete, vets have only ever seen about 3 but it's the worst they've seen. However he has such a great temperament that he would suit pottering quietly round the countryside even with a relative novice and he was too sore to even retire to a field so he couldn't have been left how he was.

That's how I left him yesterday, "did you come far?" they asked when they saw him lying down and I had to admit we were about 4 miles away.

561283_10151100901133383_1155446713_n.jpg