Need need boots - show me your poshest long riding boots

zoon

Visit site
I am eyeing up various boots at the moment. My home boots are totally dead, so now I'm riding in my competition boots all the time. So I either need a new pair of brown home boots or a new pair of black comp boots, but that would mean my home boots are also black, and I do like brown boots.....

I don't want a run of the mill pair - I am looking at something a bit different, probably made to measure as I have very short legs with tiny ankles, but normal size calves. I having been looking at google images for ages and have spied some brilliant de Niro boots in all sorts of designs.

So who has some posh boots they want to show me? I need inspiration.

toomanyhorses26

Visit site
I have some de niros (no idea what style ) and fairly boring as I use them for showing but they are fabulous - comfortable,always come up brilliantly and I wish wish wish I could afford a pair for normal use. Do hunt around though as I got mine at a sale and they were half price as they were a made to measure which hadn't been picked up.

Albertus H

Visit site
These are my boots, De Niro Ramses 2.....LOVE them! :D

460_thumb.jpg

Mickyjoe

Visit site
Yes, that is true, I use mine for competition jumping only. They would be too soft to stand up to every day wear. :nod:

ajn1610

Visit site
No pictures they are on Facebook and I can't get on at work but I splurged on a pair of M2M Tucci. They are beautifully soft and comfortable and lots of opportunity to customise with different leather colours, laser cutting initials into them even a bit of sparkle if you are that way inclined. I got mine through Joshua Jones at either Badminton or Burghley. The service was excellent but I'm not sure that they still do them.

daffy44

Visit site
I have m2m parlantis for competition boots, they are gorgeous!!! Patent, comfortable from the first moment on, easy to keep beautiful, really recommend them. I have Petrie polo boots for work boots at home, and i'm impressed with them too. But for gorgeous competition boots, Parlantis!!

jessamess

Visit site
I would love a pair of posh brown boots for home but they would get trashed with the amount of use they would get :S :(

So being rather boring I've got Ariat jodhpur boots and gaiters in dark brown which are super comfy

I've got some beaut De Niro's for comps which are to die for!!!!

Dunlin

Visit site
So many lovely boots on this page!!

I have a pair of Regents, no idea what they're called as they're a million years old and like a pair of slippers but my shiny comp boots are Mountain Horse Venice, ohhhhhh they are just the best boots I have ever owned, they are so good and comfy and stylish and not £300+!! They also do them in short sizes so may be helpful for you, but sorry only in black not brown :)

http://www.rideaway.co.uk/MOUNTAIN-HORSE-VENICE-FIELD-BOOTS

kricko

krickos.blogspot.co.uk
They were ordered from Sweden but it came close to a grand after all special options and postage was added.
I try to think of it as cost per year so to not make myself to ill thinking about it. I hope they will last well over 20 years which would make them a bargain really :eek:

its_noodles

Visit site
They were ordered from Sweden but it came close to a grand after all special options and postage was added.
I try to think of it as cost per year so to not make myself to ill thinking about it. I hope they will last well over 20 years which would make them a bargain really :eek:

a grand...
:eek: :eek: :eek:

kricko

krickos.blogspot.co.uk
I prefer to think of it as £50 per year. Or 20p per ride, max! :greedy:

And yes, the back of my knees got a bit of abuse to start with, but they got better suprisingly quick. They have an 8cm bow so they look high without being so close to the knee once they've set.