Need some help for degree course: Hay, Haylage and bedding prices in Cornwall/Devon

oihewett

New User
Visit site
Hi everyone!

I'm on an equine studies degree course and there is a business element to it.
We are having to make a business in based in cornwall including a true to life business plan with the research to back it up.

I'm just trying to collect some information on hay, haylage and bedding prices. Mainly big bales of hay and haylage and large bags of any types of bedding.

Also if you know the prices of buying in bulk that would be really helpful too.

Any help would be brilliant and no names of suppliers needed unless it's a well known brand then that would be brill.

Thank you!

lizzi2

Visit site
In north devon, I pay £5 per bale of hay, £6.20 for haylage & £4.99 for Comfy-Bed bedding & £6ish for 'Miscanthus' bedding (depending where it's bought).
Hope helps!

shannon-pie

New User
Visit site
I'm in north devon...
it's £6.20 for a small bale of haylage, but I have been buying MASSIVE bales from a local farmer which cost £44 each and lasts 1 horse for 6 weeks (in at night, out during the day).
As for bedding, I use the sundown green which is basically chopped straw with eucalyptus and costs £5.95 per bag, or if you buy it in bulk, for every 6 you buy they go down about 15p per bag.
Also I know that for a small bale of straw it is £3.60
Hope this helps, I am also doing a degree in equitation but in my third year, so been there and done what you're doing :)