Need some help - need to rehome a Golden Retriever??

Scarlett

Visit site
Hello peoples...

I need some assistance/suggestions on who to contact to get some help rehoming my Mums dog. He's a 12 month old Retriever, they adore him but he's too much for my Mum and my brothers change in circumstances mean he is no longer about to help her. I think it would be better he go to a more active home but so far I'm not having any luck finding one. He's a proper sweetheart but Mum is getting on and struggling with his training and at his size he's getting the better of her, I'm at the other end of the country and unable to help. In hindsight he's not the right breed for them but there's not much we can do about that now other than try to find him a good home.

Can anyone recommend anyone I could contact that might be able to help? They are based outside Glasgow....

TrasaM

Visit site
Such a shame about the timing of this. My OH is hell bent on getting a black lab which I'm not too keen on. I think this girl would have been a very likely substitute. Unfortunately it's too soon for us because new job, house purchase and all the stuff that goes with it means we can't get a dog until properly settled.

s4sugar

Visit site
Breed welfare as linked above or has the breeder been contacted? Any good breeder should have a return option as part of the contract.