Need some help please people!

madhector

www.darlingdressage.co.uk
Right I am trying to come up with a decent letter to send to a few people that I think might be interested in owning the eventer I am interested in. I am finding it really hard! I don't know how I should word it, or what to really say, so what I am asking is does anyone have any great persuasive ideas?

I only have 2 people who I think might be keen so don't want to ruin my chances! Think they are the sort of people who would be more impressed with a letter than a phone call but I am useless at that sort of thing.

Any tips, advice?

Thanks
smile.gif

catembi

Visit site
Rather than staring at a blank page, try writing a list of bullet points of what you want to say, then make it into proper sentences afterwards? Use some headings to help you (you don't have to use them in the letter) like 'introduction', 'good points about horse, 'why person would want to own/sponsor the horse'.

Also, use quality, slightly textured paper for your final version.

Sneedy

Visit site
Why not put together a sort of CV as well to show them what you have achieved with horses and maybe some aspirations??!
smile.gif

TableDancer

Visit site
Take your time and get it right as, as you say, you only get one bite at the cherry... I have some experience with this (marketing/PR for riders/trainers) so here are some ideas:

Key is to put yourself in your potential owners'/sponsors' position: look at it from their point of view and work out what it is that will get them enthused (Chance to entertain clients in super surroundings? Chance to rub shoulders with top riders? Chance to help young aspiring rider fulfil their dream?) Then really give that prominence in your pitch. Most people come from the other end ie why I need your help
crazy.gif

Might be worth putting in some endorsements from other owners (not necesarily your owners, just those involved in the sport - why do they love it?) Make the whole thing look really personal - the last thing they would want is to think you had sent it to loads of people - and try to make it interesting with eg photos: they needn't be of you necessarily, could be of Badminton (get them dreaming
wink.gif
) but be careful with copyright. I would finish by asking for an opportunity to meet with them to discuss it further - will give you another chance to pitch, again try to find out what it is they are after so you can tailor any presentation to match.

People are always surprised and impressed by riders who produce a professional approach to these things as it's so rare (and when they do its usually an expensive, impersonal printed glossy brochure which is supposed to appeal to all-comers) so if you can get it right you never know!

Very good luck
smile.gif