Need some inspiration (maybe a swift kick up the backside)

ginniebee

Visit site
I hate to admit it but i havent ridden since december, Ive got all the excuses under the sun, starting new job, christmas, new car, no time, dark nights. I cant remember ever feeling like this before. Its not my horse, shes a star, and its not that i cant be bothered, Im up there for hours pottering about, grooming poo picking ect. I just seem to have lost the motivation to get my bum back in the saddle, I seem to have some sort of 'riders block'!!

I was wondering if anyone else out there has felt like this before and what did you do about it. My friend has offered to lend me one of her horses to ride, as i dread to think how much of my hard schooling Alice has forgotten.

Its really starting to get me down and seriously thinking about giving up all together, which is just so so so not me.

flyingfeet

Visit site
You need a goal

I ride because I want to compete BSJA.
If nothing else competeing makes you feel very alive!

I now feel guilty if I don't ride for one day (trying to keep 2 fit)

dotty1

Visit site
I could easily be like you, I have 2 rideable horses and sometimes have to make myself ride. Once I am on board its fine. But I think if I am paying all this money to keep them I should ride them and I get very annoyed with myself if I don't. One is 22 years old and has stiff hocks/spavins and a tight hamstring but is capable of gentle hacking, the other damaged her annular ligament nearly 2 years ago, had a foal and I have been getting her fit gently since xmas (foal isn't weaned properly yet).
I can't afford transport and I am not really competitive so basically I don't have any goals and just a happy hacker which is fine. I love looking after them, pottering around etc and I am sure they would rather mooch around in the field than be ridden every day so at least they are happy.
I think as soon as the weather picks up I will get more enthusiastic.....until it is tooooo hot!!!!!