Need some late night HHO vibes!!!

magicmoose

Visit site
The Moose had a Penrose drain put in the front of his knee today. All seemed to go quite well and the small amount of bleeding stopped quite quickly.

Went out for a late night check before bed and the stable floor was covered in blood. :( It's not pouring but a steady trickle that has been going for a couple of hours, by the look of it.

The on-call vet has advised a pressure bandage for a couple of hours and then call her back.

Please send Moose some of the famous HHO vibes as he needs some help tonight. Thanks.....

Fides

Visit site
*hugs* hope it settles. I'm here all night (barring emergencies)if you want company - on yet another night shift.

Bluesmum

Visit site
Vibes from me too. Falconer is right it is lonely, especially on a dark cold night. Make sure you keep yourself wrapped up warm etc so you stay well. You can't nurse poor Moose if you end up ill yourself.

ozpoz

Visit site
Hope Moose is better and your bandaging has done the job. A big horse bleeding often looks much worse to us humans than it actually is, due to the sheer size of them. Hopefully this is the case with Moose.x

magicmoose

Visit site
Well the bandage is holding in place although he's worried at it a bit. It's not soaked through so fingers crossed.

More updates after I call the vet at 1.30.

Thank you for the vibes and hugs :)

magicmoose

Visit site
The plan is to leave the bandage in place overnight since as soon as he bends his leg, it will start bleeding again. It's not the prettiest work I've ever done, but I hope that it will stay put. Vet coming out in the morning to reassess.

I keep telling myself that bleeding generally looks worse than it is, but it really was all across the stable floor.

I'm going to try and get a bit of shut eye and check on him in a couple of hours.

sarahann1

Visit site
Oh dear, poor horse, and you! Hope everything went ok through the night and you managed to get some sleep. Sending vibes your way.

magicmoose

Visit site
Bleeding has finally stopped! He's still sore, lame and swollen, but out of immediate danger.

We now need the drain and antibiotics to do their thing.

Thank you for all the good vibes.