Need some serious welly boot help!! My feet are poorly :(

The wife

Visit site
So people, what company actually makes wellingtons these days that do not die after after a few months... I have tried several pairs of Hunters (all gave up after under 6 months and one pair split after just a month), Sherwood (these didn't even make it to 2 months - not happy at £70 odd quid) a pair of Toggi's a few years back, which were neither use nor ornament and finally Dubarrys. Have serious cold and wet weather related foot problems and need something that actually works. Happy to pay up to £200 if they last longer than a few months but need to be seriously tough. We walk best part of 200miles during the season just turning out and bringing in, in all weathers. Has anybody tried le chameau country lady? Local store has them in sale at £70 and seems a bit of a bargain!

Annagain

Visit site
Aigle Parcours. I was in the same situation and was thoroughly fed up with boots barely lasting 6 months. Gave up on Hunters, tried Ariat Mudbusters and they were the same. Also heard horror stories of lots of other makes. Bought the Aigles about 2 years ago now and they are still like new and so comfy. I have the neoprene lined ones so they are lovely and warm too. I got them for about £70 in a sale on some website (can't remember which sorry) but think they're about £120 normally for the neoprene lined ones and a bit cheaper for the ordinary ones.
They're one of the few makes not made in China these days (made in France). Most of the Chinese made ones seem to fail fairly quickly.

Hedwards

Visit site
Invest in a pair of Arait Grasmeres... best thing i ever did, bought mine October 2012, they're still going strong no sign of leaks/cracks etc. (I do regularly treat them with leather stuff - the Renapur stuff), and when i clean them up they look absolutely fab. They're also incredibly warm, i havent needed layers and layers of socks since i bought them!

cobgoblin

Bugrit! Millennium hand and shrimp.
Visit site
Aigle neoprene lined. I've had mine for so long that I can't remember when I bought them, I think it was 2003.

Tronk

Visit site
Hoggs Braemar are fantastic, really comfy, supportive sole. My 1st pair lasted 7 years of daily use. 2nd pair now 3 years old and going strong. They were about £70 I think.

Also highly recommend Tuffa boots if you want something a bit smarter - http://www.tuffaboots.com/tuffa-suffolk-boots-c2x13035020
I have a pair and they are completely waterproof and lovely and warm to ride in. Great for walking around all day in too.

TTK

Visit site
Aigle Parcours. I was in the same situation and was thoroughly fed up with boots barely lasting 6 months. Gave up on Hunters, tried Ariat Mudbusters and they were the same. Also heard horror stories of lots of other makes. Bought the Aigles about 2 years ago now and they are still like new and so comfy. I have the neoprene lined ones so they are lovely and warm too. I got them for about £70 in a sale on some website (can't remember which sorry) but think they're about £120 normally for the neoprene lined ones and a bit cheaper for the ordinary ones.
They're one of the few makes not made in China these days (made in France). Most of the Chinese made ones seem to fail fairly quickly.
Another vote for Aigle Parcours - I use the ISO ones which are neoprene lined. I can't walk in ordinary wellies, they do my feet in. They last for years which makes them not bad value considering they are worn every day. I've tried Le Chameau but they do not fit as well on the foot.

Shysmum

www.youtube.com
Hunters are now made in China, and are allegedly useless.

I swear by my muck boots - never wear anything else at the yard, very warm, and my last pair were good for three winters.

Cava81

Visit site
I work in a country shop and we have many wellies retuned to us! The majority being joules and hunter. The best that have had no returns are Seal wellies.

The le chemaue (bad spelling sorry)have become popular due to being seen on Kate Middleton.

Hope this helps

Pendlehog

Visit site
I have tried EVERY bleedin welly and long leather boot going and I will never, ever buy anything other than Ariat Grasmeres again.
I've had Hunters (just poop), Le Chemeau (nice but a bit neat on the foot for me), Ariat Stormstoppers (great at first but split), Tuffa Suffolks (useless, weren't waterproof within a couple of months), alsorts of snow boots (never fully waterproof), muckboots (sweaty and ick). The best wellies I ever had were Aigles though a dog bit through them eventually. The Grasmeres are just as waterproof as any welly, far more comfortable, warmer, nicer looking and longer lasting. I'm currently using a pair of extortionately expensive Dubarrys and they are rubbish compared to my lovely Ariats.

I hose kennels in them every day (so they get a proper soaking, not just damp) and walk miles and miles every day in them, they are totally unbeatable and if you look after them they will genuinely last years and years.

L&M

Visit site
Another vote for the cheap and cheerful Dunlops - I have tried every welly known to man (ok maybe a slight exxageration, but all the usuals!!), but Dunlops are the only ones that last for more than one winter.

I have the parcours which are insulated and have steel toe caps, for the summer I have the bog standard cheapies.

debsandpets

Visit site
Le chameau neoprene lined - in their 3rd winter of hard work with my OH, including shooting and fishing in them and never cold and haven't broken yet.
We are literally under water and mud about 4inches deep permanently it seems and these have been great. I also have the hunter neoprene lined ones that were new last winter, and I love them (so far at least). I got them the week they were released and agitating I wear them shooting and fishing as well as doing the horses when the winter/wet weather is upon us.
The old hunters are rubbish these days and don't seem to last long at all anymore, whereas my first pair lasted nearly 10 years.

kathantoinette

Visit site
I've had 2 pairs of Muckboots for two consecutive years (£60 a pair) both of which lasted exactly 12 months before the soles became so worn away they were literally dangerous. I muck out in them and dog walk in them pretty much all year round. I have just got a pair of Le Chameau wellies (£200 approx) - criminal price for a pair of wellies, the soles are much more robust and am hoping to get a lot more than 12 months out of them. A pair I had previously lasted about 5 years before getting a tiny hole in. I should have filled the hole but I dumped them. Duh. They are very comfortable and warm.

The wife

Visit site
Think I'm going to try the Aigle parcours. Found a few pairs on eBay for around the £60 mark, which is a bargain, compared to the amount I've spent on willies before. Will actually keep the receipt this time so if they do die prematurely preparations are in place. :) thank you for all your advice guys, found myself with the starting of trench foot, or as the husband so nicely calls it foot rot and threatened to spray me with sheep spray.

honetpot

Visit site
Aigle Parcours, not that expensive, quality is good, they have a check strip in the box. The last time I bought two different styles as everyone wanted to wear my wellies.

Echo Bravo

Visit site
Don't use willies anymore. We sorry I bought the OH and myself some Toggie leather/waterproof boots 2 years ago and they are wonderful feet are dry in the wet weather and as snug as a bug in the very cold.

mandwhy

Visit site
I've got the good old dunlops on the go now, with some rather excellent memory foam insoles both from sports direct. I have several pairs of those insoles as they as really supportive of the arch and last a long time too. I get sore feet and legs and have also had a verruca for literally 3 years and the insoles are the best thing to take the pressure off the cursed thing!

I've got some Ariat Winderere but I find them rather heavy and clumpy so make my joints ache sadly although they do have a shaped footbed, I've added some gel insoles so they're not as bad now, I'm all about the insoles!!