Need To Know!

_OC_

Visit site
........If any one else finds the Winter months knocks you out,with horse owning? At the mo,going through cr*ppy time at work,and cr*ppy time with cob. (It's a long story,and I'm to upset to talk about it!!!)Just wanted to know,if any one else out there feels they have done seven rounds with Mike Tyson,and I'm not alone feeling like weak,feeble horse owner......and a hug would be nice too!

PS:-First time I've asked for a hug on here,so I'm pretty low at the mo.....Thankies!
smile.gif

Gorgeous George

Visit site
oh poor you, this is my first winter as a horse owner so I don't really know, but I do find mostly seeing your horse in darkness depressing. Anyway huge {{hugs}} for you.

Honeypots

Visit site
This time of year always knocks me for six. I get spotty, dry skin, am always sooooo tired and sleepy and everything feels like hard work. I think its just getting used to adjustment of less light, shorter days and more work horsewise...

Chin up ((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))

_OC_

Visit site
Thanks both of you....done alot of Winters,but,at the mo want to give up all together,so unlike me......feel very weepy,it's all so difficult....must go,tears wailing now,so screen blury!

kinderhorse

Visit site
There is always someone worse off than you , Me !
I have torn a ligament in my knee and cannot ride I cannot find anyone to ride my horse at the moment for me , last three weeks since accident and now he is being a pain in the bottom when my other half brings him in running away before he can put his headcoller on . Did not do this before needs more exercise I think , intwo minds if I should sell him or not ?

Grumpy Herbert

Visit site
When I had mine on DIY, there came a point every winter when I thought of packing it all in - usually when I had just gone a*se over t*t in the mud! It all seems much worse when there is a lack of daylight, it's cold and it's wet, and all you seem to do is feed, muck out, hay, groom mud off......

Just hang in there, it'll all pass in time.

Llwyncwn

Visit site
Im sending you happy happy happy vibes
grin.gif

I dont normally reach the stage you are at until about January. It normally starts when I have got wet through to the knickers for the third time that day, its blowing a gale and pi$$ing down, bad tempered horses fighting at the gate to be first in, being dragged through the mud etc etc.

Thinking of you and sending HUGE virtual hugs (((((((((((()))))))))))))

Lill

Visit site
Yes i get like this in the winter.

Remember it well last year. It was a work week evening i'd just got to the yard, had 4 stables to muck out and 4 horses to put to bed on my own, in the dark, in the POURING rain for the 3rd night in a row. Just felt like giving it all up on the spot! But i'm a sucker for punishment and i'm still doing it, though we've only got 3 in this winter and they're not even in yet!

Magicmillbrook

Visit site
Know how you feel, I was thinking last night its only November, its been so wet here the gateways are churning up like its blimmin january. In the winter its all work and no play.

Why do we do it? Because we love our horsies

LusoLover

Visit site
Me too. I've been really weepy and low lately,and I honestly think it's since the clocks have changed. I often don't leave work til 6.30pm , then have a 45 min drive to the yard, so it can be really hard to be motivated to get changed into my jods and tacked up. I'm always the last one there and frequently not leaving until after gone 9pm. Weekends are poo as by the time I've mucked out and ridden it's gone midday and no soner are you home then I'm having to turn round to fetch my boy in.

That said nobody's making me do it and I really couldn't imagine life without my horse. It's these poopy winter days that make you appreciate the long summer days - with all the flies!

Cop-Pop

Visit site
(((((HUGS)))))

I know how u feel - I hate crawling out of bed when it's dark and cold (we have no heating at home at the mo) dragging myself to the yard, walking the dog then putting in a full day at work, going back to the yard in the dark then going home again to a cold house!! Oh so miserable, but it's only a few weeks until the days get longer again
laugh.gif

A1fie

Visit site
Hi,
Sending you big hugs. I know it sounds trite but it will get better. I am just learning to ride and when I get on any of the horses at the school they just refuse to move or walk at 0.1mph!! Everything is just a huge battle and then to top it all, some fantastic young thing will get on them and just gently squeeze and off they'll go in perfect harmony!!! Grrrrrr!

I really hope you feel better soon x x x