Negro offsprings temperament??

vicky86

Visit site
I have a 6yo out of negretto who I have owned since a foal and done all the breaking and training myself. He is hot but I would definitely class him as an amateurs horse (as I am one). He actually has a lovely nature aslong as his brain is kept occupied and he is kept in a good routine with agood amount of turnout. He has a fab attitude to work, a real 'go' brain just occasionally gets a bit too enthusiastic ;). My trainer has a full negro and he is actually very similar - needs work, careful management and has his quirks but on the whole is very amenable and willing.
I really like them and would certainly look to buy another in the future.

project

New User
Visit site
thanks for all your comments,

tinkerbell88: when you say hot, do you mean very forward/sharp/sensitive or naughty/spooky/bucking???? what's the mare line?

Heathersedge, Winton is by Jazz, isn't he so doesn't really surprise me...

christine48

Visit site
I have a 6yo out of negretto who I have owned since a foal and done all the breaking and training myself. He is hot but I would definitely class him as an amateurs horse (as I am one). He actually has a lovely nature aslong as his brain is kept occupied and he is kept in a good routine with agood amount of turnout. He has a fab attitude to work, a real 'go' brain just occasionally gets a bit too enthusiastic ;). My trainer has a full negro and he is actually very similar - needs work, careful management and has his quirks but on the whole is very amenable and willing.
I really like them and would certainly look to buy another in the future.

Sound a lot like our Negretto gelding except he's not hot but maybe a bit sensitive. Loves to work and loves the challenge as the work gets more difficult. Always gives 100% too