Neighbours unruly children trespassing

Dolcé

Visit site
Do your neighbours have a nice garden or lawn that would lovely with horse poo and divots? If they do, you could always threaten to turn out your horses in their garden when their children come in to your field/land to play golf or tell the kids and their parents that if you find them playing on your land at any time, that you will ask them to poo pick for an hour each, every time they come on to your land.

Bored kids are a nightmare unless you can direct their energy to something constructive. Hope your CCTV works

Have you had a chat with the farmer? They may need that fright!?

Bu**er, you beat me to it, arrange with the parents that they have to poopick your fields every time they do something to pi** you off! And grass them up to the farmer with a bit of exaggeration just to make sure he is well annoyed before he goes to kill, I mean speak to them!!

Marydoll

Visit site
What does where they are educated have to do with it :confused::confused:
Speak to parent again and tell them if they dont keep them out of your fields and away from youre livestock they'll have the police at their door every other night till they do.

SophieLouBee

Visit site
Get any large object and start shouting like a crazy person. Use words like Dog, Beat, Kill, Police, Baseball bat, Dangerous, Trample, CCTV, Gun all mixed in with swear words and said very loudly and aggressively. Then run at them. :D

I had one little git with a water pistol the other day. I don't have to say much, I just use 'the tone' and they get the message.

If the CCTV doesn't work, I'd suggest writing a letter to the parents. Just informing them that you think the kids could potentially be putting themselves in danger around the horses, and that you would be terribly upset if anyone got hurt. Just be super nice about it and say that you want to get along with neighbours but you are really worried that something might happen to challenge that. Then talk about insurance/damages/tresspassing and tell them you have CCTV installed. Mention perhaps that the farmer has alerted you to the behaviour as he is worried about the very protective cows with calves would hurt the children if they were to go in with them again.

I always find when speaking with people face to face, you either don't say what you want and/or they don't take it in properly, but with a letter they can re-read and you can get it all out, and re-write to make it sound nicer!

SonnysHumanSlave

Visit site
I had one little git with a water pistol the other day. I don't have to say much, I just use 'the tone' and they get the message.

hee hee!!!

I have honed in my skills... I am now a master of 'The Terminator Death Stare'
One of my 2 step out of line, I just give them the look. and they know.... they know they've done it now.

Annoying kids are annoying arent they.

millimoo

Visit site
Dolce... Poopicking, not a chance, don't want them in the field :)
Marydoll... The education comment is relevant and referenced in that with Private education comes discipline - they're bright kids and know right from wrong, just don't apply it.
As for calling the police...'not a chance, there's a public footpath down the side of this particular field, and what am I accusing them of?
Theres a fine balance, and I can't go accusing them of all the activities I've mentioned without catching them in the act. Plus we don't want to fall out with the parents as we don't want an atmosphere - although hard evidence (catching them at it/CCTV) and I will be banging on the door, after they've had an earful from me.
We have let the farmers wife know in the meantime.
And I love the idea of dumping horse poo on the garden... However the logistics of doing this are nigh on impossible due to the height of the wall.

Im dreading the day they start driving... I'll have to get my own back and let their tyres down -
Although have a few more years to wait before then :D

speedster

New User
Visit site
I have a similar problem with a public foot path running over our land, kids with parents playing football in a rested paddock, cycling, picnics etc, the local Police officer adviced us to put signs up about "Trespassing". If we do that they could "have a word" about trespassing.
We like most dont wont to upset neighbours but will be adding electric fencing in the paddocks with warning notices.

PRE3

Visit site
Little sods id love to rub there faces in the poop !

I ride a motor bike one winter I had a gang of kids throw snow balls at me whilst in the road. Nearly caused me to crash I managed to carry on drove round the block, parked the bike left the helmet on the bike.
Walked up to the kids grabbed two of them and lost my rag. As the others were trying to threaten me I pushed two of the kids faces in to the slush :D
Released them when they were good and wet and shi^&* them selves.
Let them go to the sounds of the other kids shouting at me lets say a chase ensued and one more got the same treatment !

My other run in was with a 16 year old who was in a foster home.The kid broke in to my car 3 times. Police caught him but could not do a lot.
So a mate and me caught the kid and tied and stapled him to a tree with 100s of industrial staples we then taped his mouth shut and left a note taped to him" Car thief" it was amazing how many people looked at him read the note and walked on.......

Honest I am not an old grouch.....