Nelson the Cape Parrot *Pics*

UnaB

Visit site
Meet Nelson my Cape Parrot :D

He is nearly a year old (20th August) and I brought him home November last year :) He is great fun, already talking pretty well for a baby - he loves to torment the dogs by calling them by name! :D He's a really sweet person, not had a single bite from him, they are really lovely natured birds. Not the most exotic looking, but I think he's beautiful..!

First day home:

2l2cm9.jpg

With his cockatiel friend:
293a5g6.jpg

With Evie:
fbkruq.jpg

293dhtz.jpg

33osn4h.jpg

124keph.jpg

fbeq08.jpg

fcmft0.jpg

rtpbo7.jpg

Embo

Visit site
He's lovely :)

Do you fly him outside?

We used to have a pair of Conures. The male was a total sweetheart and so tame. The female wasn't... but we loved her anyway! Sadly the male managed to get out one day and despite our best efforts, he was gone :( and a few months later, the female died. We think she was broken hearted to have lost her mate :(

I do miss having parakeets, they were fab. We'd consider getting another, or a parrotlet or something, but our 2 cats would probably not want to make friends!

Nelson looks wonderful :)

npage123

Visit site
I don't know much about birds, but to me he looks very friendly, almost smiling in those photo! Did you get him from South Africa?

Nudibranch

Visit site
Aw he's lovely. Ive never seen a Cape parrot before. I'm a sucker for the smaller, less showy ones. My friend has a Meyers who is greatly overshadowed by their Eclectus. I really bonded with him when I looked after them for a week, even though they reckon he's vicious...I think he just wanted someone to pay him some attention!
I've just got two baby Quakers for my birthday. Hand reared so super tame. Not flashy, but lovely natures.