Neosorexa gold help please

Bucks Fizz

Visit site
Can anyone help with this rat poison please?

I ordered online and have been sent loose sachets so no "instructions".

Is the date printed on the individual sachet the date of expiry or the date of manufacture?

Bucks Fizz

Visit site
Well that assumes that I have not been sent something out of date!

This is the reason I'm asking whether the date printed is date of expiry or date of manufacture as nothing on the sachet makes it clear.

AdorableAlice

Visit site
Given what is actually is and what it can do, I would consider having a word with your TS officer on Tuesday. There are strict laws and legislation on poisons.

Abby-Lou

Visit site
Really good rat poison very quick & effective . My understanding is the rats take the sachets back to the burrows. Apparently can only sell to us now on sachets or blocks

jrp204

Visit site
Given what is actually is and what it can do, I would consider having a word with your TS officer on Tuesday. There are strict laws and legislation on poisons.

Why would you get TS involved? If you are farm assured or it is under 1 kg there is no problem, there is new legislation for amounts over that.

Bucks Fizz

Visit site
I purchased 20 x 100g sachets from eBay. I assumed they'd come in a proper tub with instructions but they were just in a plastic resealable bag (like a sandwich bag).
I'm really not bothered about contacting trading standards I just want to know of the sachets are in date or not.

be positive

Visit site
If they are genuine they will have the manufactures contact details on the sachets so if you are concerned about them not being effective contact them and ask what the date is, I think they will be very long lasting I have bought a tub before now and used it for years without thinking to check whether it is still within date, the rats won't care but it may take longer for them to die.

I am not sure the sellers should be selling sachets in this way, they are buying big tubs, making a big mark up on the sachets which if they are not giving proper instructions with must surely be illegal.

AdorableAlice

Visit site
I purchased 20 x 100g sachets from eBay. I assumed they'd come in a proper tub with instructions but they were just in a plastic resealable bag (like a sandwich bag).
I'm really not bothered about contacting trading standards I just want to know of the sachets are in date or not.

The very reason you should raise your concerns. Anything could be in the bag. It is obvious that someone is buying in large quantities and re bagging before shipping the stuff out again via ebay. No different to buying 20kg of washing powder and splitting into 5kg plastic bags to sell again at a profit at some car boot sale. BUT - in your case the product is poison, well you hope it is but you don't actually have a way of proving it because there is not the correct and relevant information on the sachets.

I agree it is a ball ache to raise concerns about it, but looking at the bigger picture there could be many reasons why the original supplier should be dealt with, they are supplying a dangerous substance, incorrectly labelled via mail order.

popsdosh

Visit site
The very reason you should raise your concerns. Anything could be in the bag. It is obvious that someone is buying in large quantities and re bagging before shipping the stuff out again via ebay. No different to buying 20kg of washing powder and splitting into 5kg plastic bags to sell again at a profit at some car boot sale. BUT - in your case the product is poison, well you hope it is but you don't actually have a way of proving it because there is not the correct and relevant information on the sachets.

I agree it is a ball ache to raise concerns about it, but looking at the bigger picture there could be many reasons why the original supplier should be dealt with, they are supplying a dangerous substance, incorrectly labelled via mail order.

Just to add many are doing this to get rid of stock they cannot sell legit as it now comes under professional use only .

Bucks Fizz

Visit site
Just to clarify, the seller has not bought the powder loose and rebagged it.
The sachets have been made up by the manufacturer.
Obviously as said they have been bought in bulk and then sold separately.
There are some details printed on the bags, and some safety information as you'd normally expect, it's Just that the date printed on the bags doesn't say if it's date of manufacture or date of expiry.
I've spent ages googling and all I can fine is that the date of expiry is two years after the date of manufacture.
I know that the poison won't be safe after two years, but it could be less effective or less appealing to the rats...
I can't find a website for the manufacturer either, all I can find it online stockists

be positive

Visit site
Just to add many are doing this to get rid of stock they cannot sell legit as it now comes under professional use only .

Also by selling 20 100gm bags the seller has sold more than the 1.5 kg in one go that is the limit unless you are professionally qualified, so probably breaking the law twice.

Just seen the post above, neosorexa gold is not a powder it is grain covered in poison, if you have powder you do not have the correct product but it may just be you used the term generally.

Last edited:

rabatsa

Confuddled
Visit site

This is illegal. You can no longer purchase this amount without certification. The product should be in original packing with details of the active ingredient as a minimum. Having looked at what I have the date on the packet is the date of manufature along with the batch number.

Bucks Fizz

Visit site
This is illegal. You can no longer purchase this amount without certification. The product should be in original packing with details of the active ingredient as a minimum. Having looked at what I have the date on the packet is the date of manufature along with the batch number.

Thank you

I didn't know about the laws on quantity of poison that could be sold. (And I don't know what piece of legislation governs that)

The eBay store for the seller offers in 10, 20 or 30 sachets so based on what you have all said he shouldn't be doing this.

I didn't notice before but the add says the bucket (shown in the product photos) is for photo only not be delivered unless 30 x 100g packs are ordered due to postage cost...

It does also say for professional use, not sure if that absolves them of any illegality?