nerves!

Bex_X

Visit site
Hey guys,
just wondering if anyone had any tips for competition nerves iv entered my boy in Cheshire show when i entered him i straight away felt all nervous and sick this passed but iv just sorted out the transport and feel the same i get the same feeling on show days but never a month before a show
this is a big one for me and as much as i try not to think of it like that i know it is
just wondering if anyone has any tips? mainly for on the show day as i can imagine what i will be like

jam14

Visit site
I tried bach (maybe did help but I still was still a jelly lol so imagine me without) then tried a sports therapist but I visualised winning and was last so this really knocked me haha doh.

My horse is hard in warm ups causing my nervousness before actually competing and I noticed the difference on our other horse as I enjoyed competing on him.

Now my horse is settled better in warm ups and I can ride without a strop into the air when her space is invaded I am feeling less of a jelly and starting to enjoy things.

Does your horse do anything or is it the situation that makes you nervous? Any triggers??

Sukistokes2

Visit site
I used to have terrible nerves and still do at the start of the season, the only way I have find to combat nerves is to keep doing shows until you get over it. That's the only thing that worked for me. That and singing while I ride, that keeps me breathing!!!! :)

Hunty91

Visit site
You could try EFT or tapping, it costs nothing to try and there are plenty of websites and YouTube videos. I got a book for Christmas and decided to give it a try and its worked wonders. I'm not 100% yet and you feel a bit daft at first saying your statement while tapping your karate chop points, but its worth a go! Good luck.

Woolly Hat n Wellies

Visit site
My golden rule for show-day nerves: Always know where the toilet is!

There are lots of things you can't control, but you can make sure that you aren't going to be worried by things that are easily sorted out, like giving yourself plenty of time and taking a few minutes to familiarise yourself with showground layout. I suffer terribly with show-day nerves (even at the piffling tiny little local comps which are my current career highlight!) but I always feel a bit better when I can tick "find the toilets" off my mental checklist.

OvergrownShetland

Visit site
My tip is practise! If you can do everything like you would at a show at home, I'd do that. Also, I'd make sure I was the best I could be so that when I get there I know I'm prepared