Nettled paws!!

BallyJ

Visit site
Our lab has been out training and she’s been nettled! She’s going absolutely nuts, any quick and easy remedies?

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
Vet suggested paracetamol when one of ours was wasp stung. Where did she find nettles that will sting at this time of the year? All ours died off before Christmas.

Clodagh

Visit site
Loads of young nettles around here. I won't work the pup in them, they can get stung when they are looking for real pheasants, not play ones! I know they are hard to avoid, OP, and Ffee did get a sting or two today. I never have used piriton but lots of people recommened. I would be careful of giving painkillers without vets advice.

BallyJ

Visit site
We’ve given her a piriton and I’ve managed to settle her on the sofa with me so thank you Roxylola!
She was training with their trainer rather than just a generic session - even picked her first pigeon (controversial I know). She’s sleeping now and seems to have forgotten all about itchy paws!
Hopefully she’s dreaming about being a fully fledged peg dog!

Clodagh

Visit site
Was that her first cold game? What an exciting time, it is so amazing when they make the transition. :) Well done to her.
The not training in nettles was not meant to be a dig, most people do, I just avoid them if I can.

BallyJ

Visit site
Was that her first cold game? What an exciting time, it is so amazing when they make the transition. :) Well done to her.
The not training in nettles was not meant to be a dig, most people do, I just avoid them if I can.

It was!! We're very proud of her, she's still very puppy-like so while afew of her siblings were out towards the end of the season we've slowed down on training which was quite hard to see as we weren't sure if we weren't pushing hard enough. But anyway!

Ahh no i agree with you on the nettles! On a normal day we do, but we were looking at testing her! She's a keen retriever so wasn't phased until we got home!

paisley

Visit site
Mine used to really suffer with nettle stings-Piriton was the only answer, otherwise he'd be wall of death round the house, digging at carpet etc.

I did go to Boots at one point to see what they might have that could help. Then I realised I was holding the DVD for 'Fifty Shades of Grey' (don't judge me ;)) in one hand and a bottle of anti-itchy/soothing cream in the other :eek:. I had to leave without both!