Neue Schule Bit Recall - Comfy Contact

flyingfeet

Visit site
FYI - anyone who purchased a Neue Schule comfy contact baucher or eggbutt bit before 31 December 2005 should stop using them:

http://www.neueschulebits.com/acatalog/Product_Recall.html
1ccbweb.jpg

1cc.jpg

Stella

Visit site
I don't have either of these bits, but without your post I would have known nothing about this. Surely if they are withdrawing them for safety, they should be paying to publisize this in all of the equestrian press, its not good enought to simply put the information on their website
shocked.gif
I do use other Neue Schule bits, but having bought them, I never have cause to visit the website. I think this is very concerning
frown.gif

flyingfeet

Visit site
They supply us - so have sent all their retailers a notification.

Neue Schule are trying to correct the problem - I imagine its the same fault a few of the Mylers have had with the bit snapping in half.

Gentle_Warrior

Visit site
I have just called the person who sold me mine as she sold me a second hand one - was not sure how long she had had it !!! I am fine

Should I be worried about using though if there is a possibility of it snapping ?? Or am I over reacting - if so tell me to shut up !!!

jj87

Visit site
Thank you for the post have emailed them! I doubt i'd have known about the recall without you posting! I have printed out the page and stuck iit up in the liveries tackroom as i know of a few people who bought one shortly after i bought one for my mare for equitation classes! Thanks Again Jess