neue schule bits - loose ring

jeeve

Visit site
Have any of you had problems with these bits pinching the corner of the horses mouth.

I have been reading about them and would like to try, but I normally buy an egg but bit. ( I will get the eggbut for one mare, but it will not suit any of the others).

galaxy

Visit site
Have the starter and verbindend and never have had one pinch. It's the correct size and edges are very smooth.

mulberrymill

Visit site
I got the hanging cheek from the horsebitshop, the mouth piece fitted well, but the hangers rubbed sores on his face in a very short space of time, no wonder he was being such an arse. Needless to say it was sent straight back, apparently im not the first person to have this problem. Having said that i also have the verdinband which is loose ring and have no problems with that

jeeve

Visit site
Thanks guys - they are expensive so just wanted to check before jumped in - the mare I am getting the eggbut for has had a problem with loose ring bit - but I expect it is to do with fit & quality, so will just make sure the sizes are good.

kizmund

Visit site
Had no problems here either but wanted to also add how long lasting I've found them...had mine 4 years and there's not a mark on it!

Kallibear

Visit site
No, BUT I've found the team up comes up really small. No issues with rubbing even though it's really a bit small. I've now bought the next size up (and need to sell my current one ;))

Circe

Visit site
I haven't had a problem with pinching, I've got a team up, but the mouth piece is quite marked on mine.
If youre not sure about sizing, some of the saddlerys in sydney do a trial of them, or you could try the bitbank
Kx