Neue Schule Bits - Sizing

acorn92x

Visit site
I'm looking to buy a Neue Schule starter bit for my cob. She can be a little reluctant to take the contact and this sounds like it might be helpful (She's currently ridden in a loose ring french link snaffle). She wears a 5 1/4 bit usually but I've heard that NS bits come up small. Would anyone advise buying a 5.5 or sticking with her usual size? Thanks! :)

Archangel

Visit site
I found they came up small (mine is loose ring NS tranz lozenge). My giant cob with big fleshy tongue went very well in it. If I bought again I would go for the next size up.

Shay

Visit site
I went up a 1/4 size when I got an NS Baucher for my ISH. But the NS Elevator was his usual size. If you buy from something like the bit bank you can try and return if the sizing is off. They are a tiny bit more expensive but better than being saddled with an expensive bit that doesn't fit!

acorn92x

Visit site
Thanks guys! I was intending on being a cheapskate and getting it off of eBay as there are a couple on there at the moment and seem to have a good re-sale value second hand but I'm not sure whether to take the chance with this or go down the bit bank route?