Neue Schule Loose Rings

Stenners

Visit site
Does anyone use one? What one do you prefer? I used to have the Turtle Top for my TB which was perfect for him. My new horse can lean a lot and was ridden in an eggbutt french link which i have whipped straight out!! He’s currently just in a jointed loose ring which he;s much better in but I love the Neue Schule bits And my instructor suggested getting one with a lozenge.

blitznbobs

Visit site
What do you want to acheive? My go to starter bit is an ns team up bit ... and unless they need something more /different that is where they stay.

Stenners

Visit site
I just want something soft as he’s not strong (for a big horse!) but something he’s less likely to lean on!

criso

Coming over here & taking your jobs since 1900
Visit site
I've got an NS Team up and Starter which are both loose ring. I've also got Myler Comfort snaffle which is not loose ringed and has a barrel rather than a lozenge in case they prefer that.

sportsmansB

Visit site
I had one who leaned a bit and the verbindend (or whatever its spelt!) was good for him
Still a loose ring with a lozenge but just seemed to lift the front end that inch or two

Stenners

Visit site
I am ideally looking for a second hand one but all i can find so far is the trans angled lozenge! Has anyone used these?

Stenners

Visit site
I have just phoned NS for advice and they suggested I try the Verbindend or Turtle Tactio! Could be 50/50 on either for my horse as to what works. Turtle Tactio second hard are hard t find!!

How do you find these loose rings fit? What size mouthpiece have you got and for what type of horse? Mine is currently in a 5.5 but i think he could probably do with possibly 5.75 although it doesnt look too small really

Moogleberry

Visit site
Mine went up in the verbindend from 5.30/5.75 depending on the bit to 6 … I hired it from the bit bank or one of the loan places to see how it went before committing

lynz88

Visit site
I've got the NS verbindend and I love it. I started my horse in a fullcheek and then switched do a d-ring. He has always leaned on my hands or curled behind the vertical so I switched to the verbindend and this has solved the problem (for the most part anyways)

Leam_Carrie

Visit site
I am ideally looking for a second hand one but all i can find so far is the trans angled lozenge! Has anyone used these?

When I needed one I called the bit bank they recommended the trans angled or verbindend. I think the trans angled is the starter version as both help lift the front. I got the trans angled and the horse really likes it.

DonskiWA

Visit site
I’ve got 2 horses, both chalk and cheese, and both go beautifully in the turtle top - jumping and dressage.

Kat

Visit site
I have the verbidend and the demi anky. Both lovely bits, the demi anky is very underrated in my opinion, great for fussy horses.

If you want the verbidend Cotswold Sport do a decent copy.

Stenners

Visit site
I have the verbidend and the demi anky. Both lovely bits, the demi anky is very underrated in my opinion, great for fussy horses.

If you want the verbidend Cotswold Sport do a decent copy.
Ooh amazing thank you! the Verbindend looks to be the one to try.