Neue Schule Weymouth - curb hooks wrong way round?!

wallyevent

Visit site
I've just bought a NS Starter Weymouth off Ebay but now I have received it the curb hooks look to be the wrong way round, so the open hook end would be against my horse's face if I used it.
I have contacted the seller and she says all NS Weymouths are like that, but all the one's I have seen online look like the hooks are the other way round.
Has anyone else come accross this, need some reassurance that this is not normal! Not sure whether to keep the bit and try to get the hooks changed round, or insist on a return and refund!

Thanks!

Frankeey

Visit site
you could try contacting neue schule directly and explain what the seller has told you. They are very helpful, and will be able to give you advice as the whether the bit is faulty or not, probably best thing to do before getting the pliers on it, otherwise thats the best part of £100 gone.

Prince33Sp4rkle

Visit site
it really does depend on horses face shape and how the bit sits as on some of my weymouths the curb hooks actually sit better that way and pinch the other way round, its very much how that bit sits on that particular horse ive found!

wallyevent

Visit site
That's a good point PS, I will make sure I try it on him before I go messing! If in doubt I'll try Neue Schule for some advise and get my trainer to have a look too. I'm a bit of a novice where the double is concerned so i want to make sure I'm doing it right, haven't fitted one since I had to for my Stage 3 exam about 10 years ago lol!