Neule Schule are they as good as everyone says

Sammy1983

Visit site
I have a 5 year old warmblood who is currently in a straight bar happy mouth. I am not 100% happy with this bit on him as he has started leaning and doesn't seem to mouth in it. I tried him in a jointed happy mouth and he got very fussy in the mouth. After a bit of reading I came across the Neule Schule starter bit and was thinking about trialling one from the bit bank. Can anyone give me there experiences or opinions of these bits?
Many thanks

galaxy

Visit site
I would recommend them from my experience with my girl.

I had her in a french link fulmer which was fine, but leant and quite heavy in the hand. Put her in a comfort myler (BD legal) BIG mistake! She HATED it!!!! Became totally unrideable. Then tried the NS Starter Bit and from day 1 she was settled and happy and lighter in the hand. Rode her in it for about 10 months and now put her in a Verbindend which has improved her even more :)

maxapple

Visit site
I've got two for my boy. The team up bit for dressage that he goes beautifully in ( we won our class the first time I used it for dressage) and the tranz lozenge universal for hacking. I used to really struggle with him leaning and pulling out hacking, now I can ride with nice soft hands and go for canters across open spaces with no problems at all! Just wish I had known about these bits years ago!

Nicnac

Visit site
I think so. Have my 5 year old in the starter bit and have used for last 10 months.

He is beautifully responsive in it even XC. Not sure if I will change it as don't see the point.

Batgirl

Visit site
I have the NS Verbindend which lightened Arnie in the hand really well and I jump in a NS Universal which I also love so from my experience yes :)

Carefreegirl

Visit site
I have a hanging cheek and a pelham (which I used for showing) and my mare loves them both however the other horse I ride hated the hanging cheek and was awful in it.

Piccy

Visit site
Ive had my boy in his for a.week now and its fantastic he has a loose ring trans very impressed seen such a difference in his way of going...

Wheels

Visit site
My horse doesn't seem to like loose rings, tried the starter bit and it was being shaken about all over the place so I tried the tranz angled lozenge D ring and he is happy and relaxed. :)

Visit site
The NS Universal gag was a godsend for my ISH who can be strong when excited but has a very large tongue so finding a suitable bit has been very tricky - but he goes really well in this and is so relaxed! :)

Sare

Visit site
One of mine disliked the myler but hated the neue scheule! Just kept trying to force us tongue over the bit, throw his head in the air and generally have no brakes. Yet he loves the KK and goes very sweetly in a Kk ultra.

The other one hates neue scheule, dislikes the KK and goes brilliantly in a myler comfort snaffle.

So they aren't for me, currently, but I do think they are good bits, just that each horse has their own mouth shape and preferences.

Wundahorse

Visit site
Our two WB's have the French link and both go beautifully in them,preferring the Neule Schule to anything else. I also know people who have changed to Neule Schule from much stronger bits and found their horses go much lighter and are less inclined to pull or lean.

ShowjumpingPrincess

Visit site
My mums Andalusian Dressage stallion is ridden in the NS verbindend with the Micklem multibridle at home and it is incredible in difference to his old bit (a French link Rugby. One of my horses Dynasty who is trained to Grand Prix level dressage was impossible to work without taking her for a good gallop first, but she really settles in the NS Lozenge Baucher. Almost all our show jumpers go in the NS trans angled lozenge elevator which is like a miracle for power and straightness.:p