Never be around horses WITHOUT suitable footwear on... ***GRAPHIC***

lea840

Visit site
This picture was just posted on my FB...

It's amazing how complacent we can all become even around horses we trust... Never be/work around horses without the correct footwear on...

OUCH!!
FLIPFLOP.jpg

lea840

Visit site
It just goes to show how easy accident can happen, we all cut corners in a rush or forget to do certain things... our safey around horses must come first. Even things like lunging with gloves on, I bet we can all put our hands up and say we have lunged at some point without gloves on, maybe on a warm day or didn't have the time to find your gloves...

stencilface

High upon a hillside
Visit site
Yowsers! :eek:

But then hardly any of us on here will wear toecaps all the time will they, they're the only things that will really help your feet :)

tallyho!

Following a strict mediterranean diet...
Visit site
That has to be a flip flop footwear injury. She won't be making that mistake again...

EmmaC78

Visit site
Agree that must have been flip flops. Even non toe cap boots would stop your skin getting ripped like that surely :(

lea840

Visit site
Yowsers! :eek:

But then hardly any of us on here will wear toecaps all the time will they, they're the only things that will really help your feet :)

I must say that I've worn Mountian Horse toe caps for the last 6/7 years... I was stod on, nothing too serious, just bad bruising... but I never took the chance again, and I don't lunge without gloves now since lunging a youngster many years ago and having a lovely nylon rope burn across the palm of my hand, looked like I been cained lol

But prior to minor things happening to me, I always cut corners, maybe the older you get, the wiser you get :)

mandwhy

Visit site
Arrrgh that is horrible! I pretty much always wear some sort of boot. I want some steel toe ones but they were either a bit tight in the toe (big feet me) or too chunky and big, anyone got any good ones (not too pricey)?

Ealana

Visit site
Ouch poor girl :(

However regarding steel toe caps. I have always been told not to wear them because, apparently, in an emergency of extreme pressure they are designed to collapse down to sever the toes?? I don't know how much truth there is in it but that's what we have been told at college - an agri college.

Hope she recovers and isn't left with too bad a scar. I know a girl how got her foot trapped in the back chain of a tandem and the other person, unaware, kept cycling. Her foot was mangled but with reconstructive surgery and skin graph you'd hardly know now :)

xx