Never be around horses WITHOUT suitable footwear on... ***GRAPHIC***

SuperCoblet

Visit site
Eiiwww!
My instructor was at an adult camp once and the lady had finished, put her flip flops on, just went in the stable to take buckets ect out, came out with her big toe hanging off!
Blerrgg!

Montyforever

Visit site
Ouch!
I got stomped on today, silly little mare was prancing about at the scary hose .. Stopped prancing the second her (back!) hoof was on my foot :mad: :p

Shantara

Visit site
Why I always wear riding boots when I'm around the horses! I once wore trainers and I felt so unsafe! I wasn't even riding or too close to them, haha!

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
I stupidly wore steel toe cap shoes two weeks ago in a very boggy field. I had to dig my shoe out when it came off. :eek: I managed halfway across the field then both shoes came off, my mate's two cobs came to investigate, I was windmilling my arms at them to shoo them off and had to walk without shoes, out of the field. :eek: Never again will I wear unsuitable shoes at the yard!

LittleWildOne

Visit site
OUCH ! :eek:
I was told years ago by a farrier that it's dangerous to wear steel toecaps around horses. He said that the edge of the steel can be crushed downwards into your foot if a horse stands on it.
I always wear leather boots around horses.

Beausmate

Visit site
I heard that too, but I've seen plenty farriers wearing them. I had my big toenail twisted out when a huge, nutter of a racehorse stamped on my foot and turned. I was wearing sturdy leather yard boots, he split the skin round my toe (think squashed tomato) and the nail was on sideways, attached by one corner. Also got run over by my horse, he knocked me out of the borrowed (too big) boots I was wearing and stood on my toes from the underside of my bare foot. He broke three, I never would have thought broken toes hurt so much!

Seeing people doing their horses in impractical shoes makes me cringe, they don't listen though if you tell them just how much it can hurt!!

spookypony

Visit site
I've worn my Equitectors for 7 months now, and have to say I'll swear by them! I have a toe damaged from dance shoes, and have a tendency to trip over self-same toe, causing much wailing and gnashing of teeth---but since I've got the boots with the steel toe-caps, my toe has been a lot less battered---to say nothing of being stepped on! :D

Oldenburg

Visit site
OMG that's looks horrific poor girl!! But its funny what a bit of sun does to some peoples brains!! Not being horrible think we are all guilty of it at some point in are life!! Hope she recovers soon looks very painful!!

Kaylum

Visit site
I have always worn steel toe caps and never had a problem. Dont feel safe without them now. They arent heavy and after a week of wearing them you dont even notice.

Perissa

Visit site
I swear by Mountain Horse Safety Boots which have steel toecaps. All the staff at Liphook Equine Hospital wear them too.....

Javabb94

Visit site
:eek: :eek: :eek:

Well that's certianly painful!

I always have my jodhpur boots on or my woof wear yard boots would never wear anything else as Java always seems to stand on my feet!

KAZJAZ

Visit site
oh yuk! that looks very painful, hope it heals well for her...

i havent personally worn flip flops round the horse but have seen plenty other liveries at my yard doing so...

Carefreegirl

Visit site
picture.php

My friends leg - she was holding a section a yearling for the vet who was doing her boosters , she reared up and knocked my friend over standing on her leg in the process, my friend was wearing jeans. A lot of damage caused by dainty feet :eek:

Visit site
yeukkkkkk - just had lunch - instant weight loss photos! But serve a purpose - will be going to yard with my chain mail and hobnails on - just need a bigger horse to ride then - then will need more protection from its hooves.......perpetual circle ......

Beausmate

Visit site
Wow!:eek: My tb stood on my leg after he knocked me over (same incident he broke my toes) but he left my skin on! I suppose it's because he stopped once he was on. I had to push him off with my free leg, and I ended up with a perfect horseshoe impression on the inside of my left calf, looked like a brand done bruising. He also kicked me in the head, concussion and glue-nice!

But looking at that leg injury, I will be thanking him later for stopping!

Achinghips

Visit site
oh my goodness, bless her, I hope she is ok and has some very strong painkillers. We've all done it, I'm sure, especially in the sun when our brains take a leave of absence - but a very good reminder of how idiotic we are if we chose to - and very timely too. I'll remember that and take heed. Thankyou for posting - says it all!