Never seen mucking out done like this!

Spring Feather

Visit site
yes that popped up on my newsfeed some time ago and I thought it looked pretty neat. It does look like sawdust they are using though, not shavings like you guys use in the UK so not sure how it would work with thicker fluffier flakes.

smellsofhorse

Visit site
http://sulia.com/channel/animals/f/03fa99e2-2b21-49f9-9565-90cc57944dab/

Not sure how much time you save, but definitely lots of bedding saved!

Firstly cost, not that expensive but some involved making the contraption!
Secondly you would need to use sawdust as opposed to shavings for the flakes to fall through but leave the muck.
Thirdly, you wouldn't want to put the wet through or you would just be reintroducing the smelly wet bedding,

Good idea though and it worlds for them.

Last edited:

Fides

Visit site
My oh is going to make me one. You only put the dry through, skimming it off the top of the wet then just chucking the wet in the barrow. Looks like a good time saver and crumb remover :)

Eta - I use wood chippings

starry23

Visit site
Oh my, I loved it... look how it picked up those annoying bits of hay. I used to be able to muck out my horse's bed in 5min or less when she was deep littered on wood pellets. It does look like that stable hasn't been used over night though (a couple of poos and no wet patches I could see?). I don't know how practical that would really be (not sure where I'd have stored it on any of the yards I've been at) and it'd be annoying when it broke etc. To me it is a novelty product really!

friesian76

Visit site
I want one, you could get all those little annoying bits of poo out. It would work with wood chips, just need the sievey bit to have the right size holes. I don't think time wise it would be much different though!!

Kat

Visit site
Might print the details out for my YO and give it to her when I tell her that my filthy messy mare needs to start coming in for winter on full livery lol!

MochaDun

Visit site
Would love to see how it deals with sloppy cowpat poos! Can you imagine the mess it would make of that grill over time! For those that want to make their own there's going to be a run on old pram wheels :) Would be a really useful tool though if you dropped a ring or something in the stable though...or a needle..

And...what weird music to put with the video!

fatpiggy

Visit site
An interesting bit of kit but I used hemp bedding and it was quicker than that - 3 poos to pick up every morning (she didn't produce much!) and the bed swept back tidy while the water bucket was filling up. Job done until the weekend when I would take out a single barrow of wet, half a bale of clean in and off I went. Even the full dig out only took 20 minutes and was not hard work considering I have a really bad back and my mare made up for her lack of poos with lots of pee!

Exploding Chestnuts

Visit site
I thought it was slow, but the main problem for me is lifting the fork so high, it is tiring.
Collecting it to a wheelbarrow would be better I was thinking a small child with a seive instead of a battery ......... they run for about ten minutes in one Haribo!

Last edited: