Never thought I’d be writing this :(

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
Nooooooo .... Not because you are doing so well, that is a BIG YAY!!!!! It is more the idea that you are finishing this thread! I would love you to keep a periodic update. You have been an inspiration to many people, including very experienced people.

Prince is very lucky, as are we for being able to share your journey.

Keira 8888

Visit site
I’m incredibly grateful for all your lovely lovely replies - honestly thank you so much. If it wasn’t for this forum and you guys I’m not sure if I would have had the strength to keep going.

I’ve been thinking a lot about horse ownership lately and what I have learnt along this whole journey and I think it all comes down to this... (in my opinion) If you have lived and breathed horses since you were a little girl, if their smell and the excitement of just tacking up makes you come alive, if you find happiness in just filling their water bucket or sorting out the muck heap - you have enough passion to see you through the bad times.

I have dreamed about this moment since I was 6 years old. When I look at Prince grazing in his field I remember back to watching the black stallion, national velvet, Pharlap and many other iconic horse films and just aching to have my own horse one day.

The funny thing is that none of the films or books I used to devour as a child ever featured a perfectly behaved pony/horse. The thrill of the story was centred around capturing the journey of a problem horse with someone who REALLY loved it.

And by some pretty decent hand of fate, I got to experience that journey with Prince.

It’s very humbling xxx

Keira 8888

Visit site
Your fairy story is even more poignant because, if I recollect correctly, you have MS.

It's been fun for the forum to share your story. I'm so pleased for you that you fought his corner because he is now looking like a very nice horse indeed. And boy, do you deserve that!
Oh yes, the wretched MS has reared its ugly head more than once during this journey. But the best thing is - it made me stronger! And more determined to keep going! This is why it means so so much to me - this time next year I may not be able to ride - I hope I will - but just in case, I HAD to push through my fear boundaries to make sure it would be ok for my daughter to ride him. And she has now been able to do that too! She and Prince will now go on to do great things and I will be cheering on from the side lines when I can’t ride any more. I am SO proud of Arabella - she has never given up, she chose to save Prince from an unknown fate when I explained to her that if we didn’t save him he could end up in terrible hands. She chose to keep him even if that meant she would never ride him.

And fate has been kind to all three of us - we are riding and exploring and Arabella has learned what it truly means to take responsibility for an animal.

2020 has been a truly awful year for so many of us. But luckily here, it was the year that gave us Prince. ?

Keira 8888

Visit site
Keira your last post has brought a big tear to my eye, you are such a wonderful and courageous person. Wishing you, Arabella and of course the very gorgeous Prince many, many years of fun, love and happiness together.
Thank you ? In fact your reply has brought a tear to my eye! I never thought we would get here, it’s a dream. Thank you so much for supporting us x x

Keira 8888

Visit site
The last thing I want to say (sorry everyone!!) is that a lady called Angela Clarke (alwaysmoretoknow) literally saved us.

She didn’t know us. She read our story on this forum. She messaged me on the forum to ask if she could help. She drove countless miles to visit a complete stranger and her problem horse.

She then supported me through some very dark times. She gave me the strength to believe in myself AND to believe in Prince.

Angie - bottoms up to you tonight - we made it, you got us moving when I was too scared to do anything - you are an incredible soul.

You saved not only Prince but also me, as I needed to achieve something. Love you lots xx

Trouper

Visit site
Oh goodness me - not a dry eye in the house!!! I hope some of the folk who post on the New Riders and Owners Forum here read this story and take inspiration from you and remember that every horse is worth giving that chance to. We're all on a learning journey with our horses - no matter how long ago it started - but it has been quite humbling to read yours and how you have dealt with everything that has happened. If Prince is not a happy horse now I don't know of anyone who could make him happier.
Start a new thread for updates about him and your daughter's journey with him please?!!

Keira 8888

Visit site
Oh goodness me - not a dry eye in the house!!! I hope some of the folk who post on the New Riders and Owners Forum here read this story and take inspiration from you and remember that every horse is worth giving that chance to. We're all on a learning journey with our horses - no matter how long ago it started - but it has been quite humbling to read yours and how you have dealt with everything that has happened. If Prince is not a happy horse now I don't know of anyone who could make him happier.
Start a new thread for updates about him and your daughter's journey with him please?!!
Ahh that’s so kind ? Thank you very much indeed xx