Never trust anyone how could she?!

Kenzo

Visit site
Really sorry to hear this but thankfully they have now been removed and will be in proper care, must be heart wrenching for you to learn of this but once a horse is out of our hands, you can never be assured what is happening to them unless you are seeing them on a daily basis be it on loan or if you have sold the animal. Least you can seek comfort in knowing they are going to be well cared for now, all the best for a happy outcome all round.

TGM

Visit site
So sorry to hear this - poor Benson. :( But at least he is in the best hands now and I'm sure once he is rehabilated they will find him a kind foster home where he will receive regular checks to see all is well.

I must say it does seem rather strange that the woman went from being such an apparently loving caring owner to being so neglectful - did she have financial problems or something? (Not that is an excuse for what she did).

michelleice

Visit site
sorry i havent got back to anyone had day on phone to WHW and hopefully i can see him soon but i doubt it to be honest. ive posted his passport and given them a full medical history on him.

I have the woman posting on my facebook wall and im shocked at what has been said to be honest still angry as well but hopefully i will get some answers

MrVelvet

Visit site
not read all replies so apologies if this has been asked. Could you offer the horse a home now?

I'm sorry for the news, it must be a truly awful feeling. I hope everything turns out well for you and horsey x

michelleice

Visit site
not read all replies so apologies if this has been asked. Could you offer the horse a home now?

I'm sorry for the news, it must be a truly awful feeling. I hope everything turns out well for you and horsey x

i could yes but they will not allow me to have him i also found this picture so

before with me
aug09002-1-Copy.jpg

to this
whw-benson-before.jpg

competitiondiva

Visit site
They wont allow you to have him ??

The court has signed ownership of the horse over to the whw. Who probably have standard policies in place that prevent an animal returning to a previous home?? Just a guess. OP have you actually spoken to the area field officer? Although I'm not sure how much they have to do with the rehoming.

TGM

Visit site
They wont allow you to have him ??

I think the OP loaned/sold the horse in the first place because it wasn't practical for her to keep him due to her current circumstances, so really it wouldn't make sense for the WHW to return him to her.

michelleice

Visit site
I think the OP loaned/sold the horse in the first place because it wasn't practical for her to keep him due to her current circumstances, so really it wouldn't make sense for the WHW to return him to her.

i loaned him out do to pregnancy of my 3rd kids are now old enough so i could have him back as he was sold they now have legal rights to him through courts so not alot i can do

michelleice

Visit site
The court has signed ownership of the horse over to the whw. Who probably have standard policies in place that prevent an animal returning to a previous home?? Just a guess. OP have you actually spoken to the area field officer? Although I'm not sure how much they have to do with the rehoming.

ive spoken to head office and im still waiting for the field officer to call me

City Mare

Visit site
Those pictures have shocked me. What a stunning boy he was, and obviously very well-loved and looked after.
I hope you get to see him.

wallykissmas

Visit site
If the op wanted and was in the situation to loan him back surely that would make sense. Someone who knows him. imo WHW would be crazy to not let the op loan him, the op is just as good a contendor as anyone else.......

TGM

Visit site
If the op wanted and was in the situation to loan him back surely that would make sense. Someone who knows him. imo WHW would be crazy to not let the op loan him, the op is just as good a contendor as anyone else.......

I'm sure the WHW will make the decision on re-homing based solely on what they feel is best for the horse rather than who used to be the legal owner. Just because the OP 'knows him' does not automatically make her the best new home. However, if she can demonstrate that she can give him a better home than anyone else, I'm sure they will take this into account. But at this early stage I'm sure they don't want to make any promises without investigating the whole situation thoroughly. (No offence to the OP intended, but as, presumably, the WHW don't know her, they can't make a snap judgement on whether the horse is best homed with her.)

competitiondiva

Visit site
I'm sure the WHW will make the decision on re-homing based solely on what they feel is best for the horse rather than who used to be the legal owner. Just because the OP 'knows him' does not automatically make her the best new home. However, if she can demonstrate that she can give him a better home than anyone else, I'm sure they will take this into account. But at this early stage I'm sure they don't want to make any promises without investigating the whole situation thoroughly. (No offence to the OP intended, but as, presumably, the WHW don't know her, they can't make a snap judgement on whether the horse is best homed with her.)

There was an older horse that was also taken in with benson from the same place, it may be the case this horse is dependant on benson or vice versa, therefore separating them may be a no no. As said, we don't know the ins and the outs, but thankfully he's in the best hands now.