New Arrival

Helen010382

community.webshots.com
Introducing our new arrival,
Camertons Waltzing Matilda
(or Matilda for short)

She was born on Friday at 11.45pm. After two weeks of saying tonights the night Friday night was finally the night.

Honey foaled no with no problems but I just had to help to get the shoulders out.

Within 10 minutes of being born Matilda was on her feet. I could not believe how strong she was, there was no ice dancing like foals normally do - she just stood up and walked around like it was no problem!

We helped her to get to the milk bar but once she worked out what it was for she made sure she filled her belly!

Honey is such a great mother - I am so proud of her.

Anyway just a few pictures of Matilda - taken when she would have about 11 or 12 hours old. (Sorry non of the birth as it all happened so quickly so forgot to pick up camera from the house)

n612360732_1257293_9712.jpg

n612360732_1257303_2604.jpg

n612360732_1257307_3830.jpg

And these were taken today
n612360732_1257308_4140.jpg

n612360732_1257309_4499.jpg

What colour do you think she will end up? Her dad was jet black and her mum is chestnut dun.

Hope you don't mind me posting about my bog standard shetland pony but I am so proud of both mum and foal that I just had to share!

Helen010382

community.webshots.com
Thanks - we have never had a black foal before so don't know the 'norm'. Honey normally just clones herself and we get chestnut duns!

Matilda seems to have a darker dorsal stripe area - do blacks have this?

Enfys

Visit site
Congratulations, glad to see that they are doing well. Do you have any more due?

Nothing wrong with 'bog standard' shetlands! Anything with tail, mane,the requisite number of legs and a neigh is a bog standard horse....the length of their pedigree is exactly the same whether it is recorded or not!!!!!!!!

It's a good job we don't all like the same sort of horse, how boring would that be?!

How tall is the baby? As for colour.......no idea at all I am afraid. Case of wait and see maybe?

Helen010382

community.webshots.com
Thanks Enfys.

We have another due but think she has another 4 or 5 weeks to go yet (she wasn't even supposed to run with the stallion - little tart decided to become a showjumping shetland
tongue.gif
)

Matilda stands about 20" at the moment but should make about 33".

I don't care about her colour - she coud be pink with green spots for all I care but when people ask it's nice to give them a set colour rather than saying she is a blck/smokey grey dun colour!

machannah

Visit site
wow shes super tiny and very cute, in the first pic you wouldnt know shes a shetty!! Gorgeous, well done!!

TheresaW

www.justgiving.com
[ QUOTE ]
Awwwww she is adorable!! Excellent choice of name!

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, thought you'd like the name!

Camerton, what do you mean bog standard shetland, don't be daft. Both are such cuties!

SirenaXVI

s17.photobucket.com
She is absolutely scrummy, don't you just want to cuddle her!

I think she will be black, she has that mouse grey colour that black foals have when they are born.

Whatever her colour, she is edible
grin.gif

Helen010382

community.webshots.com
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks

and I will be honest - yes I did steal the name from you! - hope you don't mind. I just thought it suited her - sweet and girlie but also rather cheeky and naughty at the same time.

Helen010382

community.webshots.com
[ QUOTE ]
She is absolutely scrummy, don't you just want to cuddle her!

I think she will be black, she has that mouse grey colour that black foals have when they are born.

Whatever her colour, she is edible
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks - I have been cuddling her all day! She is just so friendy and confident already - still have to keep reminding myself that she is only 2 days old!

S_N

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks

and I will be honest - yes I did steal the name from you! - hope you son't mind. I just thought it suited her - sweet and girlie but also rather cheeky and naughty at the same time.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL - you didn't steal the name, dafty! It's out there to be used! It's a proper St. Trinians name IMO.