new book master dressage by Peter dove

Tronk

Visit site
I think he's a master of Facebook ;). However I have bought the book on Kindle and so far so good but I'm only a few pages in! I'll keep you posted!

soulfull

Visit site
I think he's a master of Facebook ;). However I have bought the book on Kindle and so far so good but I'm only a few pages in! I'll keep you posted!

That would be great if you could, as I have so many ,any books and most duplicate most things

miss_c

Visit site
I agree with the above, he is a master of Facebook and very good at promotion and advertising...

Let's just say his BD record doesn't back up everything he professes to know so much about, nor does his judge list.

soulfull

Visit site
He's judged me in the past and I got first and second place, so clearly he must be awesome ;) :p
Haha
I agree with the above, he is a master of Facebook and very good at promotion and advertising...

Let's just say his BD record doesn't back up everything he professes to know so much about, nor does his judge list.

Aha thanks

I saw one of the images where the horse looked horrendous with him saying that's what to aim for so I then lost interest.

. Just the kind of info I was looking for

His social media is pretty terrifying for that... He's not someone I'd wish to take advice from.

Thanks

MungoMadness

Visit site
I have the version before this. I found it useful for making me more aware of how I ride, the pages on accuracy and the mathematical breakdown of shapes I found very helpful. It just changed my perspective on that for the better. I can't even remember what was in the rest of the book so it can't have been that useful haha! I also found it very limited.

elliefiz

Visit site
Has anyone had an actual lesson from him? Because surely that counts more as a recommendation than comments on his marketing on social media? He trained my friend who was on the BYRDS with a horse produced from scratch with his help and I have watched him teach her and found he was very good and could explain things in a very simple fashion. I haven't bought the book, but if its written in the style of how he teaches then I imagine it would be helpful in explaining things as clearly as possible which not every trainer is capable of doing.

nato

Visit site
I have the original Master Dressage and find it very useful. It focuses primarily on test riding, I particularly like the tips and clear explanations around accuracy.

JLav

Visit site
He is only a Trainee judge and appears to have only ever competed at Walk and Trot level......based on that I'm not sure I'd be recommending it to anyone.

Elbie

Visit site
I think I may have seen some of his you tube vidoes on prelim tests. I found those really useful so was wondering if the book would be good too

PeterDove

New User
Visit site
I've asked for it for Christmas. Thought it looked good, but wish he'd calm down on Facebook, I've had to unfollow!

It should calm down by the end of the week as I am stopping advertising just due to volume and fulfillment. I do try to mix in my adverts with actual tips too. If anyone wants opinions of the books, then look on Amazon.co.uk where the book got 50+ five star reviews with lovely comments from people who actually read the book. I have also had comments from list judges complementing the book - I don't mind terribly if people want to judge me based on 'he is only this or only that' - I get plenty of emails and messages from people who I have helped thanking me for putting out my book and info. You can after all only spend so much time trying to convince anyone :) I'm sorry I can't be a regular poster here but just noticed the thread from a google search. Thanks for the messages of support in this thread,

Bernster

Visit site
Brilliant! Just shows what a small world it is on HHO. Congratulations on posting a balanced and gracious response. I look forward to reading your book if Santa brings me one :)

naza

Visit site
Has anyone had an actual lesson from him? Because surely that counts more as a recommendation than comments on his marketing on social media? He trained my friend who was on the BYRDS with a horse produced from scratch with his help and I have watched him teach her and found he was very good and could explain things in a very simple fashion. I haven't bought the book, but if its written in the style of how he teaches then I imagine it would be helpful in explaining things as clearly as possible which not every trainer is capable of doing.

I have done and personally would not recommend (so no wont be buying the book either)