NEW BS SHOW JACKET RULES?

Visit site
I have heard through the grape vine that BS rules have changed so your not allowed coloured showjackets?

Is this correct ?

Different stories regarding if your only allowed navy and black or if its red navy and black? Is tweed allowed ?

Or are you allowed anything still?

Thanks !

frannieuk

Visit site
Not a change to the rules, more an enforcement of existing rules. The bright coloured jackets have never been in compliance with the rules.

This, but apparently they aren't enforcing it yet - there is a meeting about it, with the suppliers, on the 3rd June. I can see their point a bit with regard to pink, lilac etc, but royal blue? And coloured collars etc? Seems a little anal in my opinion, and anything is better than those horrid bomber jacket things! :)

Visit site
This is what I was thinking... Some girls are in bright red, bright blue but look smarter than others in the cruddy jackets... Even one colour pink can look smart... And if they approve one riders "coloured" jacket and not another's seems again like equine politics!!

LEC

Opinions are like bum holes, everyone has one.
www.youtube.com
Animo are a key sponsor of BS so will be interesting to see the outcome!

Shay

Visit site
It is just enforcing the existing rules. You can wear black, navy, green, brown, burgundy, grey or red. Which does rule out the rather fetching lilac or baby blue which started to appear last summer (good thing I didn't buy one...)

New style jackets of one or two base colours with piping must be seperately approved - these are the technical zipped jackets with sponsor logos that some riders wear and won't affect most lower level competitors.

Dark blue jackets with a red collar and white piping are reserved for members of the nations cup or championship teams. This has always been the case despite the fact that Tagg make these colours for children's jackets.