New car ideas

Lipglosspukka

Visit site
Any help?

I need a car that can accommodate the following

- two adults
- a baby
- two border collie size dogs.

Sounds easy enough.....the problem is, I don't have a particularly long parking space, so an estate is going to be a bit long!

Want to budget around £5-6k in an ideal world without it being super high mileage or very old.

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
friend has got a skoda yeti and a huge greyhound who has plenty of room in the back, not sure how long it is but if you look on autotrader it gives the dimensions , just looked it 4222mm which is just over 13ft 10ins....how long is your parking space?

CorvusCorax

Justified & Ancient
Visit site
Skoda Yeti or see if you can get a used Roomster as they've been discontinued. Mini MPV with bags of room, very easy to park and a good little city car if needs be.
Look at some of the short wheelbase van style MPVs with sliding doors, off the top of my head, Peugeot Teepee, Renault Kangoo, Fiat Doblo

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
just had a quick look at yetis on autotrader, you would be looking at 2012 /13 and about 70,000 miles if you want to spend up to £6,000... if they have 1 or 2 owners and have been regularly serviced i would think they might be ok, there are some in the cheaper bracket that have done over 160,000 miles ...or if the skoda fabia would fit you all in they are cheaper and better mileage. price also depends on which part of the country you are in as the closer you get to london the more expensive they seem to be. as CC recommended the skoda roomster could be an option if you dont mind the van look..i have a citroen berlingo as i had 3 dogs and tack etc to fit in but that is very van like and too long for your space.. cant you tell i dont have anything to do today!! i am being very lazy

CorvusCorax

Justified & Ancient
Visit site
My Roomster had 5 doors and I sold it at 190k miles with a tiny engine and it's still going. I'm close to 200k on a VW (same stable) and going great, touch wood.
The newer Berlingos look a bit snazzier now, one passed me on the motorway earlier.

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
mine is a 2019, newest car ive ever had and its quite a bit bigger than the older ones. i got left some money and as my old picasso was having a few problems i decided to change before it died...i love the sliding doors, so much easier to get dogs out/shopping in etc..

cowgirl16

Visit site
I've got a Nissan x Trail, older model though - 07. Plenty of passenger room and a really good sized boot. I really like the car. Not sure how the newer models compare though. Think mine's about 12' long.

GSD Woman

Visit site
If you can find one there a Mazda 5 is nice. Not too long and could easily fit 2 adults, a baby and 2 mid sized dogs.