New Centre: Chelwood Equestrian in Nutley (E. Sussex)

SpruceRI

Visit site
Wow! Just discovered this new centre!!

Does anyone know whether they're going to be holding competitions here? Indoor jumping, dressage? Unaff Eventing and the like?

Not too far away from me

:)

Flint12

Visit site
I hope they do hold some events there as it is very close to me! Facilities look super, may have to hire the XC course/indoor school. Looks brill! :)

TGM

Visit site
Just had a Google and it looks fab! Definitely will have to take the Sprog over there for a XC practice in the spring!

TarrSteps

Visit site
I went to see it a couple of months ago while they were still building - beautiful set up and top quality work. The outdoor school is massive! They'd already built a few xc jumps, including a very cool water complex so I would think the rest would be up to standard. Really nice place!

Eventer96

twitter.com
Wow, it does look extremely lovely! I may go and hire out the indoor arena during the winter for a bit of showjumping practise.

Would be a shame if they didn't run a few competitions here and there.

Rambo

Visit site
The outdoor would be big enough for some BS but the indoor is pretty small. Facilities look good for training though...but have to wonder why if it is purpose built, they didn't make the indoor arena bigger. A littlw shortsighted maybe ?

Good to see a new venue in the south east though.

TarrSteps

Visit site
The outdoor would be big enough for some BS but the indoor is pretty small. Facilities look good for training though...but have to wonder why if it is purpose built, they didn't make the indoor arena bigger. A littlw shortsighted maybe ?

Good to see a new venue in the south east though.

I can't say for certain but from what I remember it is likely a planning permission related reason and to do with building on the existing footprint. It probably doesn't hurt it costs less to foot a smaller area.;) The indoor is sort of "inside" a larger complex with separate stables rows on both sides of it and another building across a narrow lane way. It's large enough for schooling for the intended purpose of the place (not a busy show centre).

SpruceRI

Visit site
I can't say for certain but from what I remember it is likely a planning permission related reason and to do with building on the existing footprint. It probably doesn't hurt it costs less to foot a smaller area.;) The indoor is sort of "inside" a larger complex with separate stables rows on both sides of it and another building across a narrow lane way. It's large enough for schooling for the intended purpose of the place (not a busy show centre).

So is the intended purpose of the place for Olympic training? Surely the XC course isn't big enough for that??

What is the intended use after 2012?