New Dog

thewonderhorse

Visit site
So after losing my beloved GSD Alfie a few weeks ago i have stumbled across another dog. It was an accident honestly. I foster for a local rescue and this chap needed a foster home and i took him in. He's a 5 year old collie x lab x lurcher and is the softest lump going.

Hes great with my toddler and cats and doesn't react to the horses. He's brill off lead and on, stays right with you, clean in the house, eats anything.

Basically this dog is a saint.

I wasn't looking for another dog so soon after losing Alf but it kind of seems like fate.

Just wanted to say welcome to the family Ted xx

RESCUE DOGS ROCK :)

Last edited:

Enfys

Visit site
So sorry to hear about Alfie. :(

I do admire you fostering dogs, I guess it's hard giving up some of them, will you still do fostering now?

I think the right dogs find us when the time is right. I hope you have many years of fun together.

I lost my old GSD about 6 weeks ago, someone heard I was looking and I now have a chow/GSD romping around with my 3 year old GSD who had been very, very sad by herself.

thewonderhorse

Visit site
So sorry to hear about Alfie. :(

I do admire you fostering dogs, I guess it's hard giving up some of them, will you still do fostering now?

I think the right dogs find us when the time is right. I hope you have many years of fun together.

I lost my old GSD about 6 weeks ago, someone heard I was looking and I now have a chow/GSD romping around with my 3 year old GSD who had been very, very sad by herself.

I usually only foster cats as Alfie was terrible with other dogs.

i am on my own with 4 cats, 3 horses and now Ted and a 20 month old toddler so i might give fostering a break for a while but will do more as soon as everybody is settled.

My house was also flooded on boxing day and has just been completed so i've had a bit of a rubbish 6 months :)

Clodagh

Visit site
Fantastic news for Ted. I think pictures are required. :)
Sorry to both you and Enfys for the loss of your dogs, they leave a big hole behind them.

Dobiegirl

Visit site
So sorry you have lost your old dog but how wonderful you have givenI a rescue dog a home, some people say rescue dogs have problems which is blatantly not true of the vast majority of them I could have kept all my foster dogs even though they were not my sort of dogs apart from the first one a Dobermann, they all had wonderful temperaments and just fitted in so well with mine. The ones that came in with problems were sorted and became the perfect dog. It is bitter sweet when they go to their new homes, I always cry but its a mixture of sadness and happiness that they have gone to the perfect home for them.

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
sorry you lost your dog but great that you have another, sounds like it was meant to be....I manage to post pics but it is a bit hit and miss. you need to open a photobucket account, download pics and then click on img(I think)then cut and paste to here...there are other more tech minded people on here who will explain it better than me..

thewonderhorse

Visit site
So sorry you have lost your old dog but how wonderful you have givenI a rescue dog a home, some people say rescue dogs have problems which is blatantly not true of the vast majority of them I could have kept all my foster dogs even though they were not my sort of dogs apart from the first one a Dobermann, they all had wonderful temperaments and just fitted in so well with mine. The ones that came in with problems were sorted and became the perfect dog. It is bitter sweet when they go to their new homes, I always cry but its a mixture of sadness and happiness that they have gone to the perfect home for them.

couldn't agree more!

thewonderhorse

Visit site
sorry you lost your dog but great that you have another, sounds like it was meant to be....I manage to post pics but it is a bit hit and miss. you need to open a photobucket account, download pics and then click on img(I think)then cut and paste to here...there are other more tech minded people on here who will explain it better than me..

Thank you! I googled it! Haha

Tobiano

Visit site
oh how lovely for both of you! So sorry you lost your darling dog but how wonderful that you have given Ted a loving home. :) :)