New endurance rules

pip6

Visit site
Does it matter? Plenty of rules there already, just certain countries think because of their wealth they are above the law.

FairyLights

Visit site
Total b*&&** disgrace, the chairman of the FEI should resign for having allowed this horse to compete, endurance as we knew it is dead, its now just another vehicle for animal abuse.

popsdosh

Visit site
Total b*&&** disgrace, the chairman of the FEI should resign for having allowed this horse to compete, endurance as we knew it is dead, its now just another vehicle for animal abuse.
Have to agree with the event Vet ! that horse is fit and although I would prefer it to carry a little more I dont see an issue . More problems in my view with overweight horses being shown in this country.General riders cannot tell the difference between fit or emaciated ,I do not see any muscle wastage on that horse!!!

pip6

Visit site
I'm ashamed to say the chief vet delegate is from the uk.

Maybe the officals should have to declare how much they are being 'given', such as free top class flights and hotels, in order to officiate. It is a source of agro in endurance that top events are paid for by the oil buck of certain countries, including the WEG, despite them accounting for many of the proven / unproven rule violations in the sport. BTW, there was no qualms in the uk in entering or taking price money from Royal Windsor Horse Show, this was paid for by Bahrain, one of the group VII countries at the centre of the endurance scandal & whose horse this was. Will people refuse to enter WEG because it is being paid for by Meydan / Sobha? No, because their right to compete means more to them than where the money came from to pay for it. We need to refuse to accept this money for all uk & international events before we can truly clean up our equestrain house. No wonder cheating still happens when we as a community can be so easily bought.

Alec Swan

Visit site

EstherYoung

Visit site
Worse when you compare to the horse he was when the picture in the link I posted was taken, Alec :( This is not a case of a horse that 'runs up light' when fit.....

EstherYoung

Visit site
Ps On a national/local level, we have had people turn up to rides with skinny horses or alternatively very fat horses. Depending on the situation, they will either be prevented from starting or given 'advice' as to the horse's condition. At least with fat horses, the more rides they do they will hopefully become less fat. It is difficult, though, particularly when it is a local level unvetted ride. The same as when someone turns up to a show or a hunter trial with a horse who is bordering on being a welfare case, I guess, in that when there is no vet to back you up it depends on the balls of the organiser.

Caledonia

Visit site
I can't quite believe anyone thinks that's acceptable to let a horse that thin start a 160km race. There's an enormous difference between fit and emaciated.

lhotse

Visit site
Some concerning views on FB this morning about how it is ok for horses to be pushed so hard that they need IV fluids to recover after a race. This is coming from a UK rider by the way. So, in order to compete against those who don't care about anything but the win, are our homegrown riders willing to push their horses beyond what is acceptable? It's a worrying thought, but I'm guessing that chasing prizemoney is more of an incentive than getting a nice rosette and a sense of achievement.

Caledonia

Visit site
Some concerning views on FB this morning about how it is ok for horses to be pushed so hard that they need IV fluids to recover after a race. This is coming from a UK rider by the way. So, in order to compete against those who don't care about anything but the win, are our homegrown riders willing to push their horses beyond what is acceptable? It's a worrying thought, but I'm guessing that chasing prizemoney is more of an incentive than getting a nice rosette and a sense of achievement.

Here's the proof

http://www.equinerescuefrance.org/2014/05/enduring-attrition/