NEW ENERGISER (12V)

Toby_Zaphod

Visit site
Hi all, I've had my Hotline Falcon 12 energiser for many many years. I used to power 18 km of electric tape. I checked everything today as there were some issues & the energiser has died. :( . I can't really moan I've had this for many, many years, somewhere around 20 years and it owes us nothing. I don't need to electrify that amount of fencing nowadays so am looking at various energisers to buy my replacement. One girl at the yard has lent me one of her energisers & it's a GALLAGHER B60 BATTERY ENERGIZER 12V . I've searched on line for one & they are around £100 with a 7 year guarantee. It powers up to 6km which is more than I need now. My old energiser powered around 18km (12 miles) but as I say I don't need anything like that strength now. I connected it up today & checked the kick it was giving out & it was 7000v/8000v which is plenty. My horses are coming to 26 years & 23 years so a & years guarantee is about all I will need.

Please let me know if you are using the Gallagher B60 how you find it. If you are using a different energiser again please let me know about what you are using. Good points or Bad points please let me know. Thank you.

druid

Visit site
Check Shockrite - their prices are good. We run several from them for various fencing including sheep nets which have a huge draw. I'll check the specific models later

Abacus

Visit site
I have a solar energiser which is brilliant, no more faffing with batteries. It’s also a Gallagher. Covers 9km single strand. Since having it nothing has escaped, and I can go away for a week knowing that I don’t need to organise someone to charge batteries.

lizziebell

Visit site
Can’t offer any advice on the Gallagher B60, but before forking out for a new one, then if you haven’t already it’s worth taking it apart as it could possibly just need cleaning/ replacing any rusting connections/ cables.

rabatsa

Confuddled
Visit site
I have two Gallagher S20's and a Hotline which runs from the mains only. Good output on all of them. I do cover several areas of electric though.

Esmae

Visit site
I had my hotline one refurbed by them. It was less expensive to do that than buy new and they turned it around within a week. Might be worth a phone call to see if they can still do that.