New Forageplus Balancer?

GinaGeo

Visit site
I've been looking at having my forage analysed. But because the grass in my fields all varies due to some being re-seeded a few years ago. Upon speaking to the farmer who I get my hay from, he says that his hays from various fields with different sorts of grasses too. I've figured I'd have to spend a huge amount on analysis to get it right.

Thus I've been looking at the Pro Hoof on ebay.

However, on having a quick look on the Foragelus site tonight I saw that they have released a new balancer. I noticed that it has higher levels of of Copper, Magnesium and copper per scoop (the reccommended amount for both is a scoop).

They're currently all being fed a lite Balancer but both of these blows that out the water.

What do you clever people think about it? I noticed that it will be cheaper for me to feed the Forageplus version. I also like that it's been designed by by a company that supplies forage anlaysis.

But I could be talking nonsense! Here's the link for it. What are your thoughts?

http://shop.forageplus.com/epages/e...h=/Shops/es137718/Categories/"Horse minerals"

Many Thanks for your thoughts!

maggiesmum

Visit site
I'd already had my forage analysed and a mineral plan done which we were using but after moving yards and having to now feed soaked hay its all become a bit redundant so i'm going to start using their balancer as a short term cover till I can analyse everything again.

I'm, no expert on minerals although I have a basic understanding of them but I know the people at forage plus and was very impressed with the analysis that they did for me so am more than happy to trust their judgement. :)

Oberon

Visit site
The ForagePlus one doesn't appear to have added Yea-sacc and Glutamine, so if you wanted those - then you'd need to add them into the price.

GinaGeo

Visit site
Thank You. It's that I'm concerned about regarding the Forage analysis. I think I'd have to have at least two grass analysis' done and at least two hay analysis too as they get different in summer and winter. So really not viable at the moment!!

I know they're a reputable company and come highly reccomended - that's what drew me to them in the first place! I really liked that they had full access to real forage analysis. I wonder how this compares to the Equimins Meta balance and pro-hoof that are often reccomended on here?

Oberon

Visit site
I had my forage analysis done from a few bales of haylage in Nov 2010 (£47).

It should really be outdated now and useless (esp as the haylage is from different fields than they graze)....

But my old boy looks amazing, so it must be doing it's job.

GinaGeo

Visit site
Hmm, might be worth considering when they move onto their summer pasture then. There's very little left to analyse in the winter field now anyway...!

I shall have to look into it further then regarding the Yea-sacc. Many Thanks

fizzer

Visit site
Looks like a great product for people that have not had analysis, personally with 7 horses it works out quite expensive.