New from the US

SibeliusMB

Visit site
Hello all! I am new to the forums and received word that I will be moving to the UK this summer for my job. I am from the US, currently living in Kentucky, but I've lived all over the US and even in Okinawa, Japan for a year or so. I have a 6 year old show jumper. Just posting my intro here and will be starting a thread on moving advice, yards, buying a horse, etc. Thank you!

Attachments

• IMG_3677.JPG
    IMG_3677.JPG
    261.6 KB · Views: 11

hobo

Visit site
Hello will be interested to read more about you having to move here. Much as I love my country I could quite happily live in various places in USA.

SibeliusMB

Visit site
Thank you all so much for the welcome! Hobo, it's a military move, and the option came down for me to be stationed in the UK so I decided to jump on the opportunity. What parts of the US would you like to live? I've lived in several states and definitely have had some great memories from each (others...not so much :p ). Some areas are certainly more "horsey" than others, but so far I've always been able to find a supportive riding community to be a part of wherever I've been.

BunnyDog

Visit site
Hey everyone this is a good friend from our American Bulletin Board, the Chronicle of the Horse forums.

I suggested she come here and reach out for some answers on her upcoming move to the UK. (Which I am just SOOOOOOO jealous about)

Anyone, please help @SibeliusMB She's a great person!!! You're going to be so lucky to have her nearby!!!!

Em

hobo

Visit site
Well I left a piece of my heart in Wyoming, also Colarado. I think Oregan is a good all year round choice but we have found beautiful parts in all 50 states so it is always hard to say which is our favourite. Though at the moment I would be happy anywhere sunny.

Can not help you with where you are to be posted to but hope you enjoy it we do have a lovely country but it is rather wet and muddy at the moment.

SibeliusMB

Visit site
Well I left a piece of my heart in Wyoming, also Colarado. I think Oregan is a good all year round choice but we have found beautiful parts in all 50 states so it is always hard to say which is our favourite. Though at the moment I would be happy anywhere sunny.

Can not help you with where you are to be posted to but hope you enjoy it we do have a lovely country but it is rather wet and muddy at the moment.
I'm currently in Kentucky and wet and muddy perfectly describes the situation here! :D

I completely agree about Colorado, I've visited the Denver and surrounding areas a couple times and it was lovely. A friend of mine moved there from DC and loves it, her hiking photos look spectacular! One of my best friends spent summers in Wyoming and the way she speaks of it is very poetic. I can see how a place like that would get under your skin in a good way. I feel the same way about Nebraska. Having grown up in New England and lived exclusively on the east coast, I almost didn't believe people really lived in Nebraska, LOL. But I was there for six years and left a big piece of my heart there, so I totally understand what you're saying.

I left a piece of my heart in Okinawa, too, and heaven knows when I'll get back there to visit. I hate that it's so far away. :confused:

SibeliusMB

Visit site
Hey everyone this is a good friend from our American Bulletin Board, the Chronicle of the Horse forums.

I suggested she come here and reach out for some answers on her upcoming move to the UK. (Which I am just SOOOOOOO jealous about)

Anyone, please help @SibeliusMB She's a great person!!! You're going to be so lucky to have her nearby!!!!

Em
Ya'll Em is the BEST!!! Thank you!

Following her story on the COTH forums was like a fantastical journey to the land of magic horses (UK) where a real person can actually live the dream and find a unicorn. :D Totally foreign concept here in the US

Hanno Verian

Visit site
Great to meet you! Welcome to the UK and Horse & Hound. Are you bringing a horse or buying a horse in the UK?

Just found the answer to that on your other post - Good luck, there are lots of great horses over here if you decide to buy/loan, find someone who is knowledgeable and experienced, lean on their advice for the mechanics of the process - terms of sale, the process and your rights should it go wrong are likely to be different from the US.

We're generally a pretty welcoming bunch but the UK horseworld no doubt like the worldwide horseworld has its share of crooks, chancers and downright lunatics, but as well kind, welcoming, helpful and friendly and every shade of mildly eccentric to distinctly odd!

Enjoy your time here

Last edited:

honetpot

Visit site