New Here- My Canadian HiPo and Me!.

villager

Visit site
Hi all,

I really enjoy reading these forums even though I am from across the big blue pond, living in western Canada. I have a Connemara x quarter horse, a 26 yr old active Connie pony jumper(belonging to my now adult kids)and my Highland Pony project...(first one born in Canada). I love the native ponies and while there are plenty of Connies around here....I am the only HiPo owner for miles and miles. There are only about 75 in all of North America so we feel quite isolated.
He is a mascot around here, no one knows of the breed and he draws attention wherever he goes..(for his cuteness & teddy bear qualities). I have to look to forums in UK to learn about his diet, training tips etc. I have had him for almost 2 years now and we have found his niche in Dressage and also a Vaulting pony for the local team. The Vaulting coach has schooled and shows him in Dressage. I do trails and occasional Drill Team on him. I hope to meet other HiPo owners over here..... Here is his last test at Level 1...we put it to Scottish music to celebrate his heritage. Enjoy...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAtmc2gwBa8

Allie5

Visit site
He's lovely! Well done with him and good choice of music! The Gael is my favourite piece of music and I'm actually Scottish!

Janah

Visit site
He is absolutely gorgeous. I have a highland x TB and I love the breed, my next pony will be a pure Highland.

Welcome to the forum.

Jane

Enfys

Visit site
Hi, Welcome,

That clip is brilliant, what a super pony, Highlands are my favourite of the British Natives, I had one when I was about 9 or 10, great character. I didn't realise that there were so few over here (I am on the East Coast ;))

tallyho!

Following a strict mediterranean diet...
Visit site
Welcome!! You must add the others to your profile so we can see the connie! Hope you enjoy it here - it's quite mad but very enjoyable :)

appylass

Visit site
Hello and welcome to HHO from a fellow HiPo owner :) In a rush right now but will watch your video later. It would be nice to see photos as well - and of your others :)