New here

marsam12000

New User
Visit site
Hi all, i'm new here. Unfortunately not got horses anymore, got 2 little kids to keep me busy at mo, lol. A little about my previous horses though (no pics, sorry): My first was a Welsh D x hackney liver chestnut mare (glory 14.3hh) i brought her as a 3 yr old, had her professionly (sp?) broken as a 3 & hlf yr old & sold her on when she was 5, miss her terribly though, wish i could turn the clock back, i would never have made that silly mistake! Then i brought a ex-racehorse (mecca 16.1hh, yes as in bingo, lol) only had him for a few weeks & had to send him back to the yard i got him from (Southwell Racecourse) as he was unhappy being used as a general riding horse, i then had a gelding on loan (Simba 15.2hh) with view to buy, he'd been really badly looked after & the girl i got him from was scared to death of him, i was told he'd reared with her & fell backwards & she'd never ridden him since, although he was never nasty with me in anyway. He then got taken away from me, which is a very long story, so won't go on about it here. I then had a arab mare (Honey 13.2hh) which was loaned out to me for a few mths whilst the owner had a baby, lovely little thing she was, speedy wasn't the word, lol. And finally i had another ex-racehorse, from Southwell racecourse once again, should have learned from my mistakes really, BUT felt sorry for him, he (Guilt trip was his racing name) was a 5 yr old 15.2hh & had been wasted poor thing, he'd got terrible splints on his legs, so could only really be used for light hacking, he then got kicked by 1 of the mares in the field & broke his leg, i had the vet out to him (Margaret Wharmby (sp?) who unfortunately said there was nothing they could have done for him, so he was pts, which was heartbreaking & still is, he deserved more than the life he had in racing. I now just have the 2 kids to look after, lol, not ridden for a while, but 1 day i'll be back in the saddle, when we can afford another, lol. Thanx for taking the time to read this & Hi to everyone.
grin.gif

Claireg9

Visit site
Welcome, Doesnt seem as though you have had the best experiences with horses, but im sure your next will be a nicer one.
Enjoy the addiction!

marsam12000

New User
Visit site
Thankyou for all your kind welcome's. Claireg9, no i haven't unfortunately, sometimes i wonder if getting another 1 day might be wise, lol, No will definately have another. Shame i haven't got any piccies, but never had pc then, & any photo's i did use 2 own i haven't got unfortunately. Thanks again every1.

marsam12000

New User
Visit site
Hi pottamus, i'm in Sunnyhill, near Littleover, however when i had my horses i use to live at Underwood, near Eastwood, Ilkeston direction. Thought they were absolutely brilliant when they came out & had too pts my gelding, would definately use them again, when i get my nxt horse. You got horses yourself?