New home for Ned! We made it!

Shantara

Visit site
Finally finished the 6.4mile hike, over to Ned's new home!
He behaved amazingly, he only had one spook at a cyclist who was bending down, fixing a puncture.
He's settling in nicely, but getting annoyed with the flies. So I'm heading back up in a few mins to spray him and give him his fly mask!

Will this be the last time Ned stands on this driveway...

A quick stop at home!

Annie is unsure about this large beast outside her house!!

At the gate!

Making friends

Having a trot around.

Shantara

Visit site
blimey your good leading him all that way, I assumed from the title you'd have ridden him! how long did that take! bless him

Hehe, nope! I would have done, but vet/back lady said to lead him if I could, not to ride him or box him. A bit of a pain, but it was actually very fun! Took about 2hrs :)

RockinRudolph

Visit site
I rode my horse over to his new home yesterday - also about 6miles! My lovely hubby walked with us the whole way, bless him. I think he has a few blisters now!
Ned looks pretty happy in his new home! Hope you both enjoy your new place.

lhotse

Visit site
Have to say, his new home looks much nicer than the old yard you were at, which didn't sound or look like the best place to keep a horse. Good luck! Interesting that you mentioned spooking at the cyclist, mine came across one sat down having a drink today, and you would have thought he was going to eat her!! Never mind the fact that he had passed us 10 mins earlier with no problems. Strange animals!

smokey

Visit site
I walked mine to her new home yesterday, not quite so far, maybe 4 miles. Like you, shouldn't have sat down! Achy muscles today! He looks like he loves it already x

mulledwhine

Visit site
Wow, you have earned your sit down :)

I lead mini and her pony on a hack last year, we were having a lovely time , and forgot to check the clock, we had been going for 1 1/2 hours before I checked, and then realised we had to turn around and do the same to get home , whoops : D

Mongoose11

Visit site
Glad you are settled and it went ok! This is not the yard I was thinking, so it doesn't have my good friend on it! I did wonder when you said yesterday about it being very quiet because the one on the green I was thinking of is a really busy yard, bu then I thought that maybe you had come from an even busier one!

So, looks like we won't be bumping into each other, but lots of luck to you and NED! :p

JenJ

Visit site
New place looks lovely!

I know you had strong attachments to your old yard, but I think a fresh start at a new yard is exactly what you need now as a horseowner.

All the best xx

Shantara

Visit site
Thanks guys :) I loved my old yard and you're right, I am so attached to it, but I already love the new yard and all the horses/people :)

Look! Look at the relaxed leg!

All tucked up in his stable :) he is a bit iffy about it, but I got a text from one of the ladies and she said he's just staring at her horse now and munching :p not as worried! Hopefully he'll get the hang of it :)

Last edited:

Shantara

Visit site
Glad you are settled and it went ok! This is not the yard I was thinking, so it doesn't have my good friend on it! I did wonder when you said yesterday about it being very quiet because the one on the green I was thinking of is a really busy yard, bu then I thought that maybe you had come from an even busier one!

So, looks like we won't be bumping into each other, but lots of luck to you and NED! :p

Ah, I was meant to be going to that one, but got a call from the new one on Thursday. It's so close and only a tad more expensive! I felt bad not going, but I'll save a fortune in petrol!

Lamb-Ski

Visit site
Nah, I don't know your situation but hope you and your horse settle at your new yard. Afraid I could not ignore the fact that I notice a hell of a lot of White Clover in his new field. I don't want to alarm you but please be very careful, white clover in that quantity is not good for horses, it is full of nitrogen and is believed to contain low levels of hydrogen cyanide.

Nicnac

Visit site
Nah, I don't know your situation but hope you and your horse settle at your new yard. Afraid I could not ignore the fact that I notice a hell of a lot of White Clover in his new field. I don't want to alarm you but please be very careful, white clover in that quantity is not good for horses, it is full of nitrogen and is believed to contain low levels of hydrogen cyanide.

Really? I thought it was only Red and Alsike clover which were harmful.

Doesn't white clover just make them a bit drooly and, like most things, is fine if not sole thing they eat?

Good news Nah :D When can you ride Ned?