New horse arrived

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
this morning.:D
A friend very kindly transported her. She walked straight onto the trailer and travelled well. Then she waited patiently to be unloaded and walked down the lane to go home as if she had always lived there.:)
She has already had a calming influence on the herd and she hasn't even been in their field yet!:D
She is now munching away in the stable block with the 2 other other horses, while cob and pony have been turned out for night, with plenty of haylage, because we haven't quite finished building the new stable. Hopefully it will be finished tomorrow and every-one can go back into their own boxes.
If this works, here's a pic of her (if it doesn't perhaps YorksG will post them directly).
The best one we got of her is very unflattering of me:eek:, so please ignore that part.
Ellacomeshome001.jpg

jaijai

Visit site
Oooooo - what a beauty! Here's wishing you many happy times together. She looks like my kind of horse.(Not sure if I will ever find the confidence to ride again, but at least I get my horse fix helping my daughter with hers!) What is she like and have you any plans for the future?

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
Yay, she sounds like a very good girl! Hope she continues to settle in well. Gosh you can see for miles from that hill! :)

You certainly can see for miles and actually it was quite hazy today. You should see it on a good day!

PF1, She's been clipped so not quite as hairy at the moment as I'm hoping for. She's going to be our 'spare horse', take part in various RC things, and let beginners/ novices practise on her (she used to work in a RS). Several friends are on the waiting list.
She is also going to be our 'calming influence'. She will get me and the ID back on the roads after an unpleasant incident, last year which resulted in almost a whole year off.
She is having a calming effect on the horses but she's causing great excitement amongst the humans. She's already been volunteered for pairs showing with another similar horse and for the 'little and large' class at our local show with a friend's pony.

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
Oooooo - what a beauty! Here's wishing you many happy times together. She looks like my kind of horse.(Not sure if I will ever find the confidence to ride again, but at least I get my horse fix helping my daughter with hers!) What is she like and have you any plans for the future?

It's a shame you are so far away from us because if any horse could get you riding again, it's her.

jaijai

Visit site
It's a shame you are so far away from us because if any horse could get you riding again, it's her.

She sounds an absolute star. Lets hope that I will find one just like her some day. I have a dream that I will win the lottery, be able to give up work and spend my time plodding around the fields on some hairy beast! Mmmm - heaven!!