New horse -fingers crossed for me this time!

cblover

Visit site
Hi all, some of you know we have a lovely, albeit scrappy pure clydesdale filly that is helping us get over loosing two recently. She's being kept company by a friends pony Tor.

I've not really been looking but about 5 mins away from where I live I heard of a 4 yr old filly for sale. She's a Clyde x Sec D and she's around 15hh with some growing still to do. She's bright bay, 4 white socks and a white blaze. Her face is very pretty and she's as calm as anything.

I've viewed her a couple of times and hubby has given my the go ahead so I've said I'd like to buy her. She loves cuddles, grooming and is a real people person. Fingers crossed for me this time. I'm hoping she'll grow a bit more, as I'm 5ft 7" but I'm not riding as much now, so I'm going to enjoy showing her in hand and backing her this year.

RubysGold

Visit site
Brilliant :-D
Fingers crossed that everything goes well with her.
I've been following your thread with the other filly. And will enjoy seeing how you get on with both of them

cblover

Visit site
Thanks both, exciting times. Although I'm quite nervous too! I'm hoping she'll grow a bit more but in the mean time, I think we'll go and do some showing in hand.

Merrymoles

Visit site
Oo you do pick my type of horses... :) She looks as though she'll be fab when she's all grown up!

Now you have to choose a name that is as good as Scrappy Do's proper one...

cblover

Visit site
She's called looby Lou at the minute....but that definitely needs to change. Lol. Any ideas folks? I'm thinking too.

cblover

Visit site
Thank you all for your well wishes. I really appreciate it and hope all your good luck wishes stand us in good stead for the future. I haven't collected her yet, but I hopefully will within the week. X

cblover

Visit site
Morning all, I'm happy to report I'm picking 'lou lou' up on Sunday. Tor the loan pony can go home this weekend and 'scrappy do' will have a new friend all being well.

Fingers crossed it all works out and I'll take some pics once she's settled in. She's 4 in May and ready to back, having been bitted and long lined. I'll start by refreshing what she knows then see where we go from there.