New horse has arrived!

Tern

Visit site
We decided it was time to get a new horse since Toon died - after all, we couldn't leave Fern on her own for ever because we wanted to move back home for winter. Last week we went to see a lovely Clydesdale x Thoroughbred, 15 years old and 16.2hh called Derek.. turned out we loved him and to cut a long story short we bought him. :) :) How hard it has been to keep it quiet!

Today he arrived.. delivered from Forest of Dean.. calm as a cucumber he stepped off the lorry then walked about 7 acres to get to the field separated from Fern for tonight and tomorrow morning so they can get accustomed. In he went and had a sniff with Fern - there was no fighting even though Fern can be a bitch with other horses. I must say, her 15.1hh self does look like a pony next to his rather stocky 16.2hh body. :D

Some BD Members may recognise him or AM Dressage Demo watchers!

2q89bvb.jpg

2ijt7r9.jpg

2i8y6ib.jpg

ihatework

Visit site
Bless. He is a super horse - belonged to AMs neighbours I believe? You will have a great time with him 😃

Tern

Visit site
Bless. He is a super horse - belonged to AMs neighbours I believe? You will have a great time with him ��

Indeed belonged to AMs neighbours. :) They were sad to see him go but we are keeping in touch and we have already said they can use him for demos if they wish! :)

Tern

Visit site
He's lovely, such a kind face, have fun :)

Thanks everyone. :)

They were put together today and Fern has had a teenager strop.. she is ignoring him because she is now having to share the attention. :D Also keeps trying to run at him but it has stopped and they are both grazing happily at the moment.. it will take a bit of time but he is just soo adorable!

charli_

Visit site
He looks lovely! You'll have a great time and hope the introducing goes well. All I could think was I have the same rug in pink, lol:D