New horse, New name.....

crazybootlady

Visit site
Well, for those that remember my excited thread about Bentley, he's gone. Vet could not pronounce him sound for future jumping, with stifle issues on both sides. That wasn't a risk I was willing to take with a two year old that had never been in work.

So after searching for about two months, I found Titan, another 2 year old, solid APHA, gelding to be my new forever horse, hopefully.

(He did pass vetting)

He's a sweetie, and is green, and getting worked lightly in preparation for a midsummer show debut in Hunter Under Saddle next year. He's not bred for it, nor does he look like it, but I think he's going to be the perfect lower level hunter/dressage/play around horse that I want. He's bred as a halter horse, but he can move like a stock breed HUunter, when he wants to.

Being realisitc, I don't have the time for the fancy hunter I wanted, and Titan is honestly all I could want, with price tag that didn't break the bank.

BUT! I need a new registered name. HATE "Kid Coosa" Plus there's a QH with that name. I'd love to work "Titan" in if possible. 21 spaces max. Below is the link to the album, theres a few pictures of him, and one of his papers.

Thanks!

(Hopefully I'll be back to at least reading these boards regularly...life's been crazy, never enough time!)

http://s1279.photobucket.com/user/cr...y/?view=recent

Elvis

Visit site
Maybe you could extend Titan to titanium, so if you wanted to keep the kid part of his previous name he could be 'kid titanium' or even 'Mr Titanium'

I'm not sure these are any good, I've just woken with a start and got myself in a tizz so am reading the forum to calm me down before I try to sleep again.

Janette

Visit site
I think Titan is a grand name, as it is. He is very handsome.

Btw, did I read your post correctly? Are you riding a 2 year old in preparation for ridden show classes next year?

crazybootlady

Visit site
Yes, that was read correctly, and I know it's a much less popular choice across the pond than it is here in the States. But he's lightly ridden for no more than 30 minutes at a time, mostly walk with a short trot tossed in, about three days a week. His workload is certainly lighter than most two year olds around here, and he has 24 hour access to his stall with attached grass paddock. Again, I know it's not popular, but I do like the information gleaned from these boards, and hopefully am not shunned for my choices.

mandwhy

Visit site
I personally like show names to respresent heritage, for example my haflinger is Oxnead Schikoba, from the Oxnead haflinger stud. You can see on all the show results the stud prefixes and I find it interesting to see how many Oxnead show up... but anyway!

I quite like Kid Titanium as Elvis suggested, that's cool!

I'm thinking Titan...titanium... bulletproof?

Or you could use one of the Titan's names from greek mythology, that would be cool! How about Hyperion? Very grand!! Coosa's Hyperion?

crazybootlady

Visit site
Lovely looking horse, good luck with him. My APHA mare will turn her hoof to anything with extreme enthusiasm ;). I did a thread last night about her if you want to see her http://www.horseandhound.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?626202-Lesson-and-a-wee-competition

I like the Titanium idea as well.

Your mare is gorgeous! I wish mine had color, but alas, I've an orange beast. (After swearing to never have an orange one again LOL)

I think we're going to try to get "Mr Titanium" which keeps Titan in the mix, as well as my mom's nickname for him, Mr T.