New horseware front closure disc

poiuytrewq

Visit site
Is it worth having?
Just received a rug I ordered that was supposed to have it but the one sent has the older V clips. Tbh I’m not sure I can be bothered with the time and hassle of returning it but will do so if the newer design is significantly better. I’m thinking they will have to cover the cost of the return as the wrong item was sent so guess it won’t cost me anything.

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
As far as I can tell the new system relies on Velcro so I would not like it at all. I would thank my lucky stars that they sent the one with clips!

Some of my Horseware rugs have still been going strong 15 years later, but the Velcro has always gone before the 10 year mark. Clips all the way for me.

Last edited:

Asha

Visit site
I bought one, used it all year. Its been great. No issues yet. Although I would have preferred one with the clips

whiteflower

Visit site
Hated mine, fiddly when hands cold and velcro got covered in hair etc, was worried if may come undone and go off backwards so no longer use it. Praying they don't start using it on all their rugs as my faithful 25+ of buying Rambo's rhinos and amigos for my horses will be over ! Love the v clips, I'd keep what you have and be happy you got that instead !

wingedhorse

Visit site
I have two with the disc front closure. Seem fine to me. And rug comes with spare discs

I have lots of horseware / amigo / Rambo older rugs.

I find with the rambos, once the Velcro has gone, whilst the clips still work, the rug then pulls back and the clip sits on the front chest.

I don’t think they work as well once Velcro tired anyway.

I think old or new style once the Velcro is dead, it needs replacing, and this is cheap and easy to do.

whiteflower

Visit site
It also concerned me they sent it with spare discs indicating to me they my break and need replacing (where the metal clips I would hope be less likely too) for me personally I don't like the idea that if the velcro undoes or the bit of plastic breaks the rug will go backwards with the belly straps still done up with the potential for them to tangle round the hind legs ? Maybe I'm just old fashioned but I prefer the metal clips everytime, I have one optimo rug and haven't brought any others due to how that fastens at the front too (although they are lovely rugs)