New Insurance - Issue

MrsMozart

Just passing through...
Visit site
I rang on Thursday to insure my new horse. Went with company that I've insured with before.

All fine and dandy. Cover start immediately. Goodo and just as usual.

Got the docs this morning and cover is on hold for two weeks until they get a completed form back! So he's not insured!

For flips sake. Why the flipping heck did the woman not say. I've insured this way for just about every horse and never had it put in hold until they get the form back. He's a big young horse and now I'm stressing. I haven't built up my self funding pot so need insurance.

Is this usual practice now? I've not started insurance for a horse for a few years, though have for a couple of dogs and didn't have this issue.

Off to find an insurance company who will cover him from now.

Puddleduck

Visit site
I insured online with Stoneways last year for my new horse. I had 2 weeks to get the forms back including copy of the vetting and purchase receipt to them but they did cover in that period.
There was a delay in my paperwork getting sorted so the cover got cancelled as the 2 weeks lapsed however they started a new policy for me straight away with no issues.

doodle

Visit site
I recently started insurance in a new horse. He wasn't covered for illness for 2 weeks but was covered for injury. That seemed pretty standard. You just need to hope they don't get ill!

MrsMozart

Just passing through...
Visit site
Maybe I need to do it online?

I know about the two weeks illness not being covered, which is fine (well, would rather it wasn't that way but do understand why they do that), but accidents are covered from the day/time one asks for it to start.

I expected to get a form to fill in, but didn't expect that the cover wouldn't start until they got the form back! That means he wouldn't be covered until the form gets back to them, maybe Tuesday or Wednesday? Sods Law dictates that he'll have something go blinking wrong.

PorkChop

Visit site
I have recently insured a horse with immediate effect over the phone - usual 14 days accident only start to the insurance. It does seem odd.

You could email the form, be quicker.

MrsMozart

Just passing through...
Visit site
Thank you :)

Felt a bit miffed with them as she should have tolď me when i was on the phone, as I could have got someone to do it online, so have insured him elsewhere. I'll call them Monday morning to advise and the reason.

Last edited: